One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if anyone has any hands on experience with these. They look halfway decent in pics but sometimes that can be deceiving. They are kinda pricey. I've asked the seller what brand they were and they gave me an answer of dongming. Whatever the hell that is.
Wood Trigger Air gun Shotgun Gas
Ruler Kitchen utensil Office ruler Wood Tool
Ruler Office ruler Tool Rectangle Hand tool
Textile Font Material property Tints and shades Electric blue
View attachment 399684

1:6 Soldier Figure United States TOMPSEN M1A1 Tommy Gun Model In Stock hot 699911920615 | eBay
1:6 Scale United States Rifle M1 Garand Weapon Model Toy Fit 12" Soldier Figure | eBay
SS-MODEL 1/6 METAL & WOOD MODEL United States Rifle, Caliber .30, M1 Garand | eBay

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Be careful especially with the dealers with low feedback ratings. Normally those are fraudulent that *borrow* other legitimate seller's auction listings and pictures, make a few sales, then starts shipping crappy knockoffs before going dark. What makes it worse they'll try and disguise themselves as the actual dealer by copying their handle but adding a bunch of random numbers to it.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Be careful especially with the dealers with low feedback ratings. Normally those are fraudulent that *borrow* other legitimate seller's auction listings and pictures, make a few sales, then starts shipping crappy knockoffs before going dark. What makes it worse they'll try and disguise themselves as the actual dealer by copying their handle but adding a bunch of random numbers to it.
Ah I see. Two of the three sellers I listed have near 100% postive feedback and there is a lare number in parentheses by their names. I assumed thats the total number of feedback they've received?

·
delusional
1,715 Posts
I looked at these also. They are legit, just very expensive. Dealers are smart, they know what is rare...lol.
Mark aka delusional

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I looked at these also. They are legit, just very expensive. Dealers are smart, they know what is rare...lol.
Mark aka delusional
Do you think it could be Ti-Lite? It looks good to me in the pic but the Thompson looks a little different than the one I recently received plus I don't know that mine had the engravings like in this pic. It could just be the lighting in my picturer sucks.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Well others seem to believe their the real thing, which I do since I purchased four items from him and they all came in Ti-Lite boxes. So far the BAR is already gone and other items with multiples have been purchased so my advice is grab one before they're all gone.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well others seem to believe their the real thing, which I do since I purchased four items from him and they all came in Ti-Lite boxes. So far the BAR is already gone and other items with multiples have been purchased so my advice is grab one before they're all gone.
Ugh. You're talking me into it. Not sure if you saw my message on the Ti-Lite post but literally within 30 seconds of you mentioning that one seller's name he contacted me. He said they were no brand so it just seems strange.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just bit the bullet and bought a 98k and an M1 Garand from said seller. We'll see how this turns out. Speaking of Ti-Lite, I saw one website that claimed to have almost 90 of the Arisaka rifles in stock.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Do you have a web address for Ti-lite ? Thanks

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Do you have a web address for Ti-lite ? Thanks
I've looked and looked and looked. I don't think they exist anymore. Someone told me on another similar post I started that their facility burned up and they never restarted. I think whatever is out there floating around is it. Just like NFA machineguns.

·
Obersturmbannführer
1,046 Posts
I've looked and looked and looked. I don't think they exist anymore. Someone told me on another similar post I started that their facility burned up and they never restarted. I think whatever is out there floating around is it. Just like NFA machineguns.
One of ex-owners of Ti-Lite manufactured same 1/6 weapons under brand SS-MODEL using old supplies or something. Same quality, the only difference is engraving on some US and UK guns. AFAIK, SS-MODEL is no longer in business as well.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
One of ex-owners of Ti-Lite manufactured same 1/6 weapons under brand SS-MODEL using old supplies or something. Same quality, the only difference is engraving on some US and UK guns. AFAIK, SS-MODEL is no longer in business as well.
Ahh! That makes sense now. I saw lots of these SS models you speak of. The seller I bought them from, the same one that told me these guns were no brand, supposedly ships them in Ti-Lite boxes. Seems pretty strange.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, I got my 98k the other day and just now opened up the M1 Garand. Both were from different sellers. The Garand came from someone that supposedly used to work at Ti-Lite. Neither weapon came in a Ti-Lite box. Although from different sellers both were packaged exactly the same. They both came wrapped in this thin brown translucent paper followed by some bubble wrap. Both came with metal bayonets. The Garand had an enbloc clip with loose rounds that fell onto my carpet when I opened it up. I managed to find 6 rounds. Not sure if 2 of them are still missing somewhere on my floor. EDIT: Looks like the last 2 rounds were still in the box.
The action moves back and forth. It appears that the bolt does rotate some. Everything feels kind of gritty though and I'd be afraid of pulling back on the charging handle too much in fear of breaking something.

Attachments

·
One Sixth Junkie
6,320 Posts
The metal and wood guns, if the pics and the reputation of the ebay seller are very good, then the gun is very good. I have several of these rifles, including a PKM which they only produced 5 of (H&G produced them first, but this is exactly like the H&G production). Yes, the engineers are from Ti-Lite and H&G Mil Toys. They are working in conjunction with someone I know.

The only thing you have to know is the weapons might need oil. I don't know if you have a real gun or not, but you have to coat them in oil when you put them in storage.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The metal and wood guns, if the pics and the reputation of the ebay seller are very good, then the gun is very good. I have several of these rifles, including a PKM which they only produced 5 of (H&G produced them first, but this is exactly like the H&G production). Yes, the engineers are from Ti-Lite and H&G Mil Toys. They are working in conjunction with someone I know.

The only thing you have to know is the weapons might need oil. I don't know if you have a real gun or not, but you have to coat them in oil when you put them in storage.
Yes. I've since ordered a 98k and M1 Garand. Both feel like they do need some oil.
And yes, I have lots of guns. Mostly AR15 platforms.

·
One Sixth Junkie
6,320 Posts
Yeah, Joe, keep it well oiled. I just went through the stock pile of my WWII rifles that are made of metal and wood, and some of my rifles definitely needed the oil on metal. It is just cumbersome to go thought everything I have... I must have a least 100 weapons made of metal and wood...I have not counted...:erm So keep them oiled!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah, Joe, keep it well oiled. I just went through the stock pile of my WWII rifles that are made of metal and wood, and some of my rifles definitely needed the oil on metal. It is just cumbersome to go thought everything I have... I must have a least 100 weapons made of metal and wood...I have not counted...:erm So keep them oiled!
Good God. Every time I look at how much stuff I have I think I have too much. But then someone like you comes along and reminds me I'm actually not that bad :wink

·
One Sixth Junkie
6,320 Posts
Good God. Every time I look at how much stuff I have I think I have too much. But then someone like you comes along and reminds me I'm actually not that bad :wink
:lol:lol:lol
Have you seen my collection? I have to update the pics. Over a 1000 pistols, rifles, grenade launchers, just everything from WWII on wards. They have to carry them.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts