One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Saw him yesterday at azteca's swap meet setup. He has the new translucent skin DiD used on Edward Stiner. For $50 I'm on the fence about him since I have the ITPT version.

·
sits in a loose parts box
7,448 Posts
Fairly Boring looking figure if you ask me, at least compared to their recent Allied Soldiers (Stiner, Taylor, Ross, Colman)

·
Furious Genius
1,973 Posts
Fairly Boring looking figure if you ask me, at least compared to their recent Allied Soldiers (Stiner, Taylor, Ross, Colman)
Not boring for a true aficionado of armor. General Heinz Guderian was one of the greatest mechanized tachticians who ever lived. Guderian owns the lions share of credit for creating the Third Reich's panzer force. Through his study of the top British and French military theorists and his own theories he created the blitzkreig concept that was so successful for Germany in the opening stages of the war. A concept still used today as recently as the Persian Gulf War as employed by Gen. Swartzkopf. His theories and tactics are widely studied throughout the world.

There's never much included with a boxed figure of a general, they usually don't carry much - that's the perogative of being a general. The choice of uniform is an interesting one, the Panzer uniform demonstrating Guderian to be a "hands on" general. It's fitting that a tribute figure be made for such an important leader and influencial strategist.

·
sits in a loose parts box
7,448 Posts
There's never much included with a boxed figure of a general, they usually don't carry much - that's the perogative of being a general.
What about Binoculars, Coat and Sidearm :rolleyes

·
Furious Genius
1,973 Posts
What about Binoculars, Coat and Sidearm :rolleyes
Haven't we seen that on almost every other German general figures issued? Maybe it's late Spring or Summer, no coat. Besides those loose parts are available if you want to add them, not a big expense. He could have come with a bottle of wine and a tube of hemroid cream but he didn't he has two complete uniforms. Also not all generals carried sidearms, some considered it more affectation than use since they shouldn't be that close to the fighting anyway.

·
12" nightmare
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You can complain about the lack of accessories but then you do have to be fair and praise the fact that you get 2 uniforms, that's pretty much 2 figures worth of clothing.
Any comments on the effect of the translucent skin?

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
If it ranks up there with the Rommel DiD, then it will not be all that good. I love DiD, but Rommel was a big miss. I have the Cyber Hobby Guderian and I really like him. This one looks kind of cartoonish.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.