One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yessir, it's like Krampus Christmas, every day.

_ Nonfunctional notifications

_ Errors and/or error messages about posts

_ Logins that won't work

_ Password recovery failures

_ Threads growing in number of pages at a staggering rate - because now they only have two posts per page

_ Members' profiles suddenly showing them as "emigre", tho they are still in good standing

_ Staff area fist fights, heavy drinking, and drug use

_ Dogs and cats, living together

This just in:
_ Disappearing avatar(s)

Is the honeymoon over?
Did it ever really happen?

Problems and reports are piling up, fixes are.....what?

So, if you think it's just you, NO, it is not.

I thought you might at least like to know that staff is aware, tho that is cold comfort.

Who'd a thunk a hobby forum could be so complicated?

·
1:6 collector
2,105 Posts
Thanks for the update, such as it is. One can hope that awareness will bring speedier action. Do we know what, if anything, has changed since when the forum was functioning more seamlessly? If we did, it might be as simple as reverting to the previous set up.

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,929 Posts
SO . . .

Embrace the suck and see how it rides out?

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Yessir, it's like Krampus Christmas, every day.

_ Nonfunctional notifications

_ Errors and/or error messages about posts

_ Logins that won't work

_ Password recovery failures

_ Threads growing in number of pages at a staggering rate - because now they only have two posts per page

_ Members' profiles suddenly showing them as "emigre", tho they are still in good standing

_ Staff area fist fights, heavy drinking, and drug use

_ Dogs and cats, living together

Is the honeymoon over?
Did it ever really happen?

Problems and reports are piling up, fixes are.....what?

So, if you think it's just you, NO, it is not.

I thought you might at least like to know that staff is aware, tho that is cold comfort.

Who'd a thunk a hobby forum could be so complicated?
From a quick peek they've moved the site off JD's antiquated VPS server that hosted his network(consequence of the acquisition) and are dealing with the typical issues when you move a site to a new server with a different LAMP stack, basically the versions of the php/mysql "drivers" that drive the database and forum functionality are out of sync and will cause random things to happen/not work. The software environment that OSW was running on was quite dated in that respect so might be some teething issues till certain components get updated or downgraded. They are in process of getting it ready to move backwards in time to vbulletin 3.x so that probably isn't helping either. Hopefully that part will play out more on a development server then they'll import the databases before going live with the "new" old version.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for that intel, Adam. In the meantime, we're not seeing any response to our reports, which is a big morale booster.

As I type this (reply#5), I am on page 2 of the thread. I imagine this reply will end up on page 3, which is tragically comic, or comically tragic.

·
12,929 Posts
Thanks for that intel, Adam. In the meantime, we're not seeing any response to our reports, which is a big morale booster.

As I type this (reply#5), I am on page 2 of the thread. I imagine this reply will end up on page 3, which is tragically comic, or comically tragic.
--

I'm seeing all posts/replies for this discussion on one page thus far.

I'm using Firefox 58.0.2 on WINDOWS 10 desktop 64-bit.

·
Adeno's Fun Time
85 Posts
Just to add what I've noticed which might help pinpoint one of the problems:

If I log out from my account and view the forum, everything looks "normal" where each page of a thread contains multiple posts/replies, but the moment I sign into my account, that's the time where the "One Page Per Post in a Thread" problem happens. Good luck, I'm sure things will be fine sooner or later.

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
Seems to be OK here under Chrome Version 63.0.3239.132 (Official Build) (64-bit) using Windows 7 Enterprise.

There have been a couple of incidents when a post was seemingly unaccepted, but really was.

Thanks for the update, Mike. I'm sure this is more fun than you signed up for. I appreciate all your efforts along with those of the rest of the staff.

·
Pug Lord
1,122 Posts
I just noticed the curious information that I supposedly have 2,016 "notifications" (a glitch someone else mentioned too).
I had that particular error. I finally got a temporary password email after trying 4 days and multiple attempts. I can't reset my password, so not sure what will happen when it expires in 24 hours. I am using an ipad with iOS10.3.3 and Safari. May have to bust out my laptop. Lol
This appears as page 11 for me.

·
No more Pancake face
1,044 Posts
Got to admit it was pretty comical to log in and get a prompt that I have 2,012 unread messages.

·
1:6 collector
2,105 Posts
Very odd glitches. I remain logged in unless Windows decides it must restart, so maybe when that happens next I, too, will see two posts per page; or not be allowed to log in... Oh the joys of technology.

Update: I just noticed that I seem to have lost the ability to format text (italics, bold, underline, etc), insert links or images.

PS - perhaps another sign of the apocalypse... people that had no avatars before all of a sudden had them (maybe they just happened to create them at that point of time). And now they have disappeared again... Who knows... If an avatar appears for me, then I'll know this thing is possessed.

·
12,929 Posts
I feel left out.

I don't have an absurd number of notices.

The majority of posts thus far appear fine.

I do see a sporadic number of members listed as emigre and avatar problems though.

Occasional database and odd error message when posting.

I guess I'll just continue to embrace the suck. After all, it could be worse.

·
12,929 Posts
Poor DFC, I feel bad you feel left out. So not only is the website subjected to chaos, but also discrimination.
--

EH . . .

I'm drinking some English tea to wind down.

·
Pug Lord
1,122 Posts
I guess I'll have to see how things go in a couple hours when this password is supposed to expire.
I can't set a new one and getting the temp password email took a long time.
As I am typing this, I am on page 20 of this thread.
I hope they can fix this, OSW is my favorite place to go on the net, but I fell like I'm drinking Kambucha .
Maybe it's good for me, maybe it's giving me liver cancer, only time will tell!
Lol.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts