One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
The Mighty Boosh
8,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I skivved off this afternoon and went for a scout around the Hong Kong Toys & Games Fair 2008 looking out for new 1/6th stuff. I wasn't too optimistic, but came up with the following:

BBi
Bad News - BBi were there and told me they had NO plans for any further 1/6th figures in 2008

Ignite (www.igniteco.com)
Good news - Ignite was there and displayed the following, to be released this year:

If you can't make out the names, they are: Napoleon (DUH!); Imperial Guard; Chasseur; Guardsman; Musketeer; Guardsman

The Ninjas are: Ninja; White Ninja; Ninja (brown); Ronin

(NB - None of these are shown on their website yet).

I think this is great! The musket barrels and locks are die-cast, as is the Musketeer's helmet. The figures on display were obviously prototypes, and the quality seemed to vary from very good to Action Man so-so.

Artificial snow

This snow is the business. It's a polymer powder which you add water to, and it expands (216 times) to look like real snow. It's non-messy, and if it starts to dry out you spritz it with a water spray and it's good as new. When you are finished with it, dry it out and you can use it again. The company marketing it was www.pockos.com . Have a look at the video on the 'Christmas' section on http://www.pockos.com. The video quality is crap but this is really what it is like and in real time - I tried it! I think I have seen something similar elsewhere.

OK, that's it. Sorry there wasn't more!

David.

·
Registered
419 Posts
damn, does this mean we're never going to see that bbi/merit ghost recon type dude is multicam? i was really looking forward to that. damn bbi bitches

·
Likes little people
1,617 Posts
I think if I was BBi I wouldn't confirm or deny anything about anything

·
In case of emergency....
1,997 Posts
ActionMan said:
Bad News - BBi were there and told me they had NO plans for any further 1/6th figures in 2008
Well, isn't that just sooo nice. :rolleyes So I guess the guys in the Multicam and ACU Crye gear aren't going to happen in spite of the Merit folks telling members here that they were on the way.
Keeping in mind of course that Merit and/or BBI have a license to produce scale Multicam gear. The Underpants Gnomes must've gone to work there. "Uh, let's see. Step 1 - Get license; Step 2 - ????; Step 3 - PROFIT!"

Meanwhile, I'm guessing that any US or North American retailer who finds a source for those "EBay Multicam" sets will risk Customs seizure or legal action if they try to import and sell them.

Yeah, yeah, I'm being a big whiney baby. :fit :rant

·
Registered
642 Posts
And so the Multicam dude goes the way of the supposed "Mass Market Slick".

Moral: Be interested, maybe even excited, but never trust a rumor, treat a preview scheptically, it's not a done deal until it's at a retailer ready to go.

·
Captain Eyestrain
1,198 Posts
It's great that Ignite are trying to break out of the box with new periods , but they really need to spend a little time on research .
I know nothing about Ninjas , so have nothing to say.

The French figures , however , look a bit of a mess ,and we can vainly hope that they really are prepared to improve them a bit before release.

Bonaparte is fine , but he's the Andrea figure that came out last year.

The Other Napoleonics are a mess , and the less said about the Seventeenth century figures the better.

I fear that they may have done their research from one book , and a rather bad one at that : "The Kiddies Guide to the Olden Tymes " or something like it .

Oh Dear !

·
12" nightmare
1,422 Posts
Looks promising, I just hope the upcoming figures are better than that Napoleon (it's the one that sells on the Andrea Miniatures website right? edit: sorry Tony, missed your reply). But I'm not complaining, the Musketeer and those Guardsmen are figures I've been hoping for from DiD, but they seem to prefer going on with their nazi's. Ronin looks swell, Might very well get one ninja too.
Thanks for the news actionman, you made my evening :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Tony Barton said:
It's great that Ignite are trying to break out of the box with new periods , but they really need to spend a little time on research .
I know nothing about Ninjas , so have nothing to say.

The French figures , however , look a bit of a mess ,and we can vainly hope that they really are prepared to improve them a bit before release.

The Other Napoleonics are a mess , and the less said about the Seventeenth century figures the better.

I fear that they may have done their research from one book , and a rather bad one at that : "The Kiddies Guide to the Olden Tymes " or something like it .

Oh Dear !

Tony, how is the Andrea Napoleon? Are the hat, boots, and gloves plastic/rubber? It looks low quality from what I can tell. : (

·
Registered
19,834 Posts
Dancing NINJAS!!!

Awesomecoolfaaaaaaaarout!! Ignite is doing The most famous Amos dancing Ninjas of all time!! That first one has just gotta be that 90.s Break dancing crazy we all know and love Headstand Harry san, and that one in white sure looks alot like the 70's sensation Disco Dooley!! Not sure about the others though.

I for one, am truly excited to see Ignite cover some truly obtuse categories when it comes to action figures. What next?

·
In case of emergency....
1,997 Posts
LOL @ Clay! Yeah, like totally awesome.

I need to apologize that, with my grumbling, I didn't actually THANK David/Action Man for taking the time to gather this information and report it.

So, David, thank for posting this and I am sorry for my earlier lapse.

And the Ninja in the black outfit still looks awfully tempting.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Thanks for the info Actionman, can't wait for the Ignite French series!!

That fake snow you are talking about sounds like the same stuff I get from Snow Business in L.A. http://snowbusinesshollywood.com/mm...businesshollywood&Category_Code=Dressing_Snow

The polymer stuff is neat but it has a couple of draw backs, like clogging drains, and every time you re-constitute it it gets a little bit more dirty and yellow. They have another product that's made from paper called C90 that's biodegradable and is actually a pretty good mulch for your yard or garden. You get whatever surface you snowed wet, then just blow or dust the "white paper powder" onto said surface. Once dry you can spray it with a fixative. It's a great frost effect.

·
Registered
747 Posts
What the hell happened to BBI? Why drop the 1/6 market?

·
In case of emergency....
1,997 Posts
getoninja said:
damn those Ninjas look awesome! anybody know how much each figure is gonna be and when is the release date?
The black Ninja is already on pre-order at several places and somewhere in $45 US range seems to be the typical price point.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Tony Barton said:

I do have hope. Except for Bonaparte they all say prototype in red. But, even if they don't fix them, "do you know how long I've been waiting for a ring hilt rapier, or a Husar saber?" A very very long time.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts