One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've kitbashed my first four action figures and I'm feeling pretty pleased with the way things have gone, except for one thing; I'm having considerable difficulty keeping high-heeled pumps properly fitted to the figures' feet. These are ZY Toys brand, and I'm trying to fit them to S12D/S21B bodies, with the high-heel pose feet. The figures are wearing sheer hose (stockings), and it's a real PITA to get the shoes fitted on the figures' heels in particular though the toes will go into the shoes well enough - the shoes keep slipping or popping off. I've read in several places that there's a trick to resizing plastic 1/6 shoes (via briefly heating, to expand, or cooling, to contract) so they'll fit their figures better, but I don't know how it all works. Can someone enlighten me?

P.S. I don't have this problem with boots!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Try a blow dryer on a low setting first. Or a cup of hot tap water to soften. Then the shoe plastic will mold itself on the feet as they air cool. Also search for other shoes in Toy anxiety or cotswold collectables even in Monkey Depot.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts