One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i just joined not to long ago and pretty new to this whole 1:6 figure collecting. i'm still searching to buy my first military figure mainly from hot toys because in my opinion, they look all around best. anyways, i'm eyeing out the ht navy seal vbss sniper in pcu ver. anyone have any information on this guy in terms of quality and so forth? another figure i'm interested is the ht usmc 2 m.e.f green version. any info on these guys and where is the best online store to buy it from.

thanks!

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Welcome aboard. You cant go wrong with Hot Toys, they are pretty solid-BUT COST A TON!!!!! I like Crossroads Collectibles myself, check em out. Monkey Depot also has a good selection. Heck- check em all and figure it out, shop around. That is part of the fun of the hobby.

·
Registered
180 Posts
:ar15:ar15 WELCOME. I have the MEF figure my self, I highly recommend it, but when you buy it also look into a good pair of tweezers.
As for the seal, he is hard to find, and the price is stiff.......ebay may have him.:smoking

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,338 Posts
Welcome to the insanity. You don't even have figures and you are looking at HT? Addicted instantly to the plastic crack. Just looked at the box and he's hooked. Doomed... I mean, great to have you here at OSW. And I'm not sharin my room.

Good choice with the MEF. Don't know about the PCU SEAL, but HT is usually a pretty good bet. You've fallen hard if you've started with HT.

·
Ain't it Cool?
2,655 Posts
Welcome and I am sad to say that you will soon become a lost soul addicted to 1:6th scale. There will be no help for you just a downward spiral. As far as where to shop for Hot Toys products, Goggle Hot Toys and look around. Hot Toys are expensive and the prices from Estore to Estore varies. I like Good Stuff to Go (URL: http://www.goodstufftogo.net/). As for which figure to buy? Well, that is up to you! Can't give you advice on what will ring your bell. However, to get a better look at the various HT figures check their web site at http://www.hottoys.com.hk/index.php.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks for the replies. you guys are funny. addiction? eh, i don't think so. i've been into model planes and military vehicles when i was in college, so i'm kinda in the alley. i know what's involved. when i first saw some 1:6 figures at a local hobby shop, non really looked good. i wasn't even interested until i laid my eye on some hot toys. i was amazed by their detail and realism. why settle for anything less right? they are a little pricey but nothing that will dent my wallet.

one question though, would it be better to buy a nude figure and customize by getting seperate loose accessories or just get a good box set? thanks guys!

·
Ain't it Cool?
2,655 Posts
thanks for the replies. you guys are funny. addiction? eh, i don't think so. i've been into model planes and military vehicles when i was in college, so i'm kinda in the alley. i know what's involved. when i first saw some 1:6 figures at a local hobby shop, non really looked good. i wasn't even interested until i laid my eye on some hot toys. i was amazed by their detail and realism. why settle for anything less right? they are a little pricey but nothing that will dent my wallet.

one question though, would it be better to buy a nude figure and customize by getting seperate loose accessories or just get a good box set? thanks guys!
Buy a few box figures first. As you are working with the concept presented by the box figures you may find the original photo that the vendor used to create the figure which may impact how you present or outfit the figure. The other thing is, some vendors give you more equipment items then you need. Now you have extra equipment.

As you check out the member's photo section on this website you will find figures you want to emulate for your collection. There are other vendors besides HT that make great figures (ACE, BBi, Barracks SGT, DML, Toy Soldier, etc.). There are also vendors that just make equipment like Saturday Toys and Playhouse. So, keep an open mind! At this point you will start to finding yourself bashing more to create figures. Additionally, as you start to review military photos from various sources, this will also give you inspiration. And so it goes! Now you need nude figures, uniforms, and more equipment.

Part of the fun of this hobby is the hunt for parts. Since you are just starting, you have missed out on some great items that were developed in the past. So, the trade section of this site will be a big help to you. Also look at the stores presented on this site for equipment items. Remember, the figure you create, for the most part, is a snap shot in time. Outfitting a figure representing a soldier from 1989 with a mix of equipment issued in 2007 is just a wrong. Unless that is you thing (It is your figure)!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.