One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new to trying to "make up" figures. I have a Phicen male body that I want to put a Chuck Norris head onto. The head comes with a ball hanging out of it. Do I need to get a pair of pliers and yank it out or do I need a connector? I haven't tried the first one yet as I paid quite a lot for it!

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Its is generally wiser to remove the neck peg from the head if it has one. Use a blowdryer to gently heat up the bottom of the head then use a set of bent nose pliers to remove. I can't imagine trying to yank one out from a phicen stainless body as it probably is not meant to come out. Compatibility between heads/pegs/etc is far from universal in the hobby, but you can always use something like blutac or similar to help with fitment.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice. I need to get a hairdryer! I wouldn't try fiddling with the Phicen. It seems to be a bit of a difficult beast. I had to give up on putting non Phicen hands on it it, maybe the hairdryer trick will help with that as well. Thanks again!

·
1:6 collector
2,105 Posts
And now you know why I got a hair dryer in the first place.
The Phicen body's neck connector is a permanent part of its stainless steel skeleton. So it is the head sculpt you must modify. If the ball connector hangs out from the head, it is probably removable. If it is not removable (which I cannot imagine is the case), then you can break it, slice it off, and carve out a little hole for the ball neck connector on the body.
The hair dryer trick also works on hands. Get them nice and soft and they will probably fit. Before you soften them, you might want to use a little knife (I use one of the narrow appendages of my Swiss army knife) to shave off a mm or so from the little holes in the plastic hands so that they will be less resistant to fitting onto Phicen's stainless steel wrist pegs. The tricky part is getting hands off the Phicen body. The wrist pegs are fairly well attached, but if you do get them detached (this is a problem I have only encountered with Phicen's M31, apart from their female bodies), it is exceedingly difficult to truly repair. I warm up the attached hand as best I can while trying to shield the silicon rubbery "skin" from the dryer, before carefully yanking it out. Do what you can to avoid heating/drying the silicon "skin".
By the way, you can use warm (e.g., just boiled) water to soften up plastic parts. This is an alternative to using a hair dryer. But again, while this is safe on plastic, I would not apply that to the silicon "skin".

Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts