One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
No more Pancake face
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it seems the Marine Corps is going to start fielding a new body armor system soon and I have to say it looks pretty cool. How long do you guys think it will be till it gets the 1/6th treatment?

Here is and article and a video on the new vest.

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/art...ion-body-armor-will-fight-fatigue-battlefield

The little device on the back that's supposed to help with weight distribution could be quiet the challenge for 1/6.

·
No more Pancake face
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It seems they can't get one that pleases everyone.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Again?? You're joking, this is getting ridiculous...
I have to agree. I'm all for soldiers being protected, no problems there.

But there has to be some form of generic uniform & gear, that can be a minimum standard across all US forces (think Woodland BDU's). Does every Service need it's own colour & pattern uniform? & Service specific body armour?

It appears the Aussie army is heading the same direction.

IMO, all body armour & pouches should be produced in a generic solid colour. Tan, desert, brown, green, coyote? Not DPCU & DPDU & DPNU & DPAFU & Multicam & Aussie Multicam.

·
Brit Basher
2,509 Posts
I have to agree. I'm all for soldiers being protected, no problems there.

But there has to be some form of generic uniform & gear, that can be a minimum standard across all US forces (think Woodland BDU's). Does every Service need it's own colour & pattern uniform? & Service specific body armour?

It appears the Aussie army is heading the same direction.

IMO, all body armour & pouches should be produced in a generic solid colour. Tan, desert, brown, green, coyote? Not DPCU & DPDU & DPNU & DPAFU & Multicam & Aussie Multicam.
One of the positives of the MTP now used by British forces. Every service - Army, Navy, Air Force and Marines - uses it. All the kit is cross-compatible. This was the same with the old DPM pattern but it's simplified things having just the one. No need for vests/armour/pouches/uniforms/covers to be manufactured in two different camouflage tones (that said I don't think any high amount of Osprey body armour was ever made in temperate DPM, if at all).

G

·
It's a great looking vest. The spinal support mechanism looks futuristic and yet function, definitely next gen gear. I wonder how long it'd take for DT or SS to make it in 1:6 scale.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts