One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
G

·
well, I don't actually see a machine gun, but, lookin' better. I think the gear's been done before, but its all a lot more interesting than their other jarhead.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Wow, real original. They took Walt's gear and slapped it over their terrible desert marpat uniform. No helmet, no new pieces and an M16 for a machine gunner to boot! I'm sure this one will sell like hot cakes.

·
Private Investigator
2,379 Posts
it's exactly the same kind of gear they released some 5 years ago. the other companies - Hot Toys, Toy Soldier, ACE, even BBi - have managed to improve the quality and detail of their figures 2 or even 3 times since then. but not DML, no, they're stuck in 2003. it's like the film Groundhog Day. :blank

·
Registered
225 Posts
i feel really sorry for the soldiers dragon is releasing these days, they don't have nothing new, nothing be proud off and... they are in the shadows of other figures produced by other manufacturers

·
King Geek and OSW Admin
9,329 Posts
Maybe Dragon is making these crappy modern bashes just to say they did and try to prove that modern doesnt sell?
Seems more to me like they're trying to get rid of all the extra crap they've got laying around their warehouse...

·
Ain't it Cool?
2,655 Posts
OK, We know that the gear Justin hardwood is wearing is from Walt, Force Recon. Just like the other USMC MG Gunner DML spoke to "Rich Hamilton" The gear is dated. But, they got to start somewhere!

Remember the day when DML released it 75th Ranger series and how ground breaking that was? Then there was the RTV stuff that was kickin butt! What happen and why?

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Sorry double posted, so I'll type something else here..

Actually, for some of us the problem isn't that the gear is dated, as well-made stuff from that era will sell well--eg the HT sniper in Mopp suit from the very beginning of OIF, or other figures who fit into OEF/OIF 1, or even 2 and so on;
the problem I can see people having is that this isn't older issue stuff made recently with better tooling, it is that this is left over stock from ~5 years ago, reassembled and packaged without even a newly tooled piece [I don't count the HS] to make it worth looking at.

I was excited when I opened the thread, I am happy to see the M16A4 as it looks like, though I hope they include an Acog and foregrip, but it kind of fizzled as I kept looking.

I do miss when they cared, th 75th Ranger guys and other figures were and are real gems. A real shame, DML was my favourite manufacturer of modern stuff for a long time, even up til about a year or two ago...

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Lol, I like how he looks nothing like the guys in the background/ref picture. :razz

Maybe Dragon is making these crappy modern bashes just to say they did and try to prove that modern doesnt sell?
Seems more to me like they're trying to get rid of all the extra crap they've got laying around their warehouse...
^ I know it gets thrown around a lot, and I've read it a couple of times already, but it seems that it may be Both. :(

Hope they include a tripod, spare barrels, and ammo for the M240 though. At least then he could be the AG or AB. Might as well relabel him as a rifleman.

At least there'll be more M16A4s, and anyone who wants a couple of riflemen could easily do so with a couple of these figures.

About that though--I hope its the newer retooled, clean M16A4, and not the Josh one--it lacks so much detail its not even funny, and the RAS is glued on incorrectly and a pain to pry off if you can without breaking it.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I remember the firsts days...........remember colin and Roger ? The SAS Brits ? Woodland DPM !....their first Seals ? The Snipers ? The Knights MGs? ...What hapenned to DML ? they made excellent stuff but all they do now is Garbage.......................

I recently bought from MD their ACU in camp figures and is a nice start....not as good as ACE or Hot Toys....but they do have the capacity to release one or two great figures if they wnated to ............

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.