One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Sam Peckinpah's Advisor
971 Posts
:erm :X

That's my first reaction. I'm glad they're starting to use their new futuristic wing logo, but here they went and hid it anyway.

The AFSOC guys probably won't go for it at all. The Marines will strenuously object, that their unique cover is being pilfered.

Nope. Too many things working against it. IMHO it'll "never fly".

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Thanks. I'm surprised no one emailed it to me sooner. I was trying to take a look at it. Some AF people down in Elmendorf are the test subjects in it. It was better than I had expected though. I like our old BDUs anyway, they'll never take that away! ...until they replace it with this anyway.

·
prolific kitbasher, OSW Librarian
4,006 Posts
Hi all:
O great a new Air farce blue tiger stripe camo pattern to create :p I wonder how the USAF security police and parajumpers will react? They'll no doubt complain that they have 3 uniforms- you ain't gonna wear the uniform in the temperate forests unless there's fog
xavier

·
Pimpin' ain't easy
4,169 Posts
I don't think the Marine style cover is fair to the Marines. That style is theirs and theirs alone IMHO, just like the "Ranger Roll"

·
Registered
17 Posts
IMHO these are the ugliest BDUs I have ever seen in my life, no wait, there are those street camos over at USCAV. So I guess they are not all that bad. What are they going to use them for in the field? As for the paintball wear it could "fly high".

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have to agree...that will never fly. The cover design will never get approval. But I guess it could seeing how Shinseki switched the black berets to tan for the Rangers anything is possible.
I don't like this new camo design. It looks like a rehash of Vietnam era Tiger stripe pattern that just happens to have a USAF emblom on it.
:mad

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
News item, Reuters wire service...

Southern Military Territories 15 May, 2006
-Commandant of SMT Forces vows to fight on-

Former Marine General Clemson J. Howell, acting Commandant of the Southern Military Territories, said that his Forces are in good spirit, and ready to carry on the fight against Washington. The two year conflict, caused by the twin actions of giving Ranger berets and Marine covers to other troops and Armed Services, resulted in the seizure of the American South, by hardcore Army Rangers, Marines, and sympathetic members from the American Military.
Since that time, heavy fighting has continued sporadically, after an initial thrust by Federal troops was repulsed, with heavy losses.
The Administration remains silent on the situation, at this time.

·
Stay Classy!
269 Posts
I would like to see it in woodland or desert before I really say how much I don't like it. I don't care for urban MARPAT either, but the desert pattern I have grown to like.

·
sucked back into 1/6
487 Posts
actully the air forces has been using that cover for awhile.. long while.. bout 13 years maybe i have my dads (woodland) i think SPs and PJs will stick to the reg stuff and this is more a "show off" thing wear around the base and what not... unless the air force has just taken over the navy (blue) i dont see it being worn in the paintball world ethier.. someone was just drawing attention to it over there on the tippmann forum.

·
Registered
48 Posts
OMG that looks like crap. It looks like the Air Force went to a Hawaiian shirt company for ideas. My first thought was that they had brought Gen. McPeak out of retirement to mess with Air Force uniforms even more. How the heck is that pattern supposed to work?.

"Written on label: Guaranteed to provide camouflage against the colorblind." :rolleyes

Being ex-Air Force, I feel unclean just looking at these pictures.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Those things look like some Third World Banana Republic Militia uniforms..........yep, I can see a Combat Controller in those things!
What a bunch of crap................
More touchy feely from today's Military.
Wooahhhhhh
Mr. Taliban, you can't shoot at me anymore!
I have my STRESS CARD out!

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Hey, you know what??? I just remembered that the Chief Master Sgt. of the Air Force, CMS Murray is coming to Eielson. Maybe, just maybe if it's not too late, I can ask him in person. I'll definately check and see if there's still time for me to have breakfast with him and ask him about these :X unis. How's that sound???

1 - 20 of 69 Posts