One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Upcomming UK dealer is preparing to officially open soon. Great news for UK collectors this guy is giving discount and fast reliable service, more people oder bigger discount is for all. Like me we got tired of FP & play for sideshow collectables. Checkout his website as he will be opening soon.
Collectiblesdirect.co.uk

·
Registered
194 Posts
Prices are a bit steep - I'll pass
The award for understatement goes too...:lol

Not picking on this vendor - a whole slew of factors make it practically impossible for UK sellers to compete with sellers from abroad effectively and it's been that way for years.

I genuinely hope they do well.

·
Banned
339 Posts
The award for understatement goes too...:lol

Not picking on this vendor - a whole slew of factors make it practically impossible for UK sellers to compete with sellers from abroad effectively and it's been that way for years.

I genuinely hope they do well.
Maybe those prices seem ridiculously extravagant to you but speaking as someone who lives in the UK, they really aren't that much more than what I would expect to pay for having to import one from Japan/China (and then have to pay import tax) So stow the sarcasm.

·
Banned
815 Posts
Kreem's right. There are extortionate import duties to pay plus 20% VAT (sales tax).
Only if you can't threaten--I mean, persuade--your vendor to mark up as a "Gift" and understate the value. I've been stung with that Customs crap on 1/6 stuff twice--never again. Not while billionaires are still allowed their tax loopholes.
:rant

·
Registered
194 Posts
Maybe those prices seem ridiculously extravagant to you but speaking as someone who lives in the UK, they really aren't that much more than what I would expect to pay for having to import one from Japan/China (and then have to pay import tax) So stow the sarcasm.
Speaking as someone who lives in the UK and has been buying 1/6 since the 1990's...

You can buy cheaper elsewhere. A lot cheaper.

So stow the sarcasm.
So sorry. Wouldn't wish to 'offend' with my exercise of (relative*) freedom of speech tempered with years of experience about what I'm commenting on. Please do not hesitate to police these boards at your discretion.

*obviously it's the moderators etc who decide what goes here not us commentators.

·
Banned
339 Posts
Speaking as someone who lives in the UK and has been buying 1/6 since the 1990's...

You can buy cheaper elsewhere. A lot cheaper.

So sorry. Wouldn't wish to 'offend' with my exercise of (relative*) freedom of speech tempered with years of experience about what I'm commenting on. Please do not hesitate to police these boards at your discretion.

*obviously it's the moderators etc who decide what goes here not us commentators.
Seeing as you're such an expert - perhaps you can enlighten us mere mortals with places where you can buy 'a lot cheaper' ? I've been collecting for over 5 years now and eBay seems to be the only real option for obtaining these figures.

I don't know you and vice-versa - there is no justification for trying to belittle another member. Someone with your experience should know better. I have no intention of policing anything - the comment was directed at me and that is what I am responding to.

If you can't be civil to people then maybe you refrain from posting altogether...

·
Registered
194 Posts
Seeing as you're such an expert - perhaps you can enlighten us mere mortals with places where you can buy 'a lot cheaper' ? I've been collecting for over 5 years now and eBay seems to be the only real option for obtaining these figures.

I don't know you and vice-versa - there is no justification for trying to belittle another member. Someone with your experience should know better. I have no intention of policing anything - the comment was directed at me and that is what I am responding to.

If you can't be civil to people then maybe you refrain from posting altogether...
Expert? Never said I was. Experienced - yes.

Enlighten you mere mortals? Kind of implies I'm in someway denigrating others. Don't think I am, but I'm open to you proving that.

Belittling another member? How so and when/ where?

Look back over this thread; I responded to Gebhi, like others, and gave my opinion that the prices were somewhat steep. I qualified that by pointing out it was almost certainly not the vendors fault. Then you tell me to "stow the sarcasm".

You sought to control this thread (police) if you will.
You were the first to direct a comment between us.
You are not responding to me, I am responding to you.
You seem to want to belittle me.
You I humbly suggest should refrain from posting unless it's on thread, civil and perhaps at the very least an accurate view on what's been said in a few short posts?

As long as it's within the guidelines of this forum my opinion is as valid as yours. I won't tell you what your opinion is so please give me the same courtesy.

editted to add: Re-reading it seems you were ahead of me on pointing out the prices are steep - hence my quoting you. Are you really angry I've agreed with you?

·
Banned
339 Posts
Expert? Never said I was. Experienced - yes.

Enlighten you mere mortals? Kind of implies I'm in someway denigrating others. Don't think I am, but I'm open to you proving that.

Belittling another member? How so and when/ where?

Look back over this thread; I responded to Gebhi, like others, and gave my opinion that the prices were somewhat steep. I qualified that by pointing out it was almost certainly not the vendors fault. Then you tell me to "stow the sarcasm".

You sought to control this thread (police) if you will.
You were the first to direct a comment between us.
You are not responding to me, I am responding to you.
You seem to want to belittle me.
You I humbly suggest should refrain from posting unless it's on thread, civil and perhaps at the very least an accurate view on what's been said in a few short posts?

As long as it's within the guidelines of this forum my opinion is as valid as yours. I won't tell you what your opinion is so please give me the same courtesy.

editted to add: Re-reading it seems you were ahead of me on pointing out the prices are steep - hence my quoting you. Are you really angry I've agreed with you?
You are the one who tried to belittle me with your comment 'and the understatement of the month goes to..' - did you not?

You are the one who claims that you can get these figures 'a lot cheaper' did you not? (and also failed to back up your statement with any real evidence)

Other members commented that the prices were a bit high and yet you chose to try to belittle me for saying the same thing - why is that? Have I offended you in another post somewhere or was I just the lucky one?

You can try and twist events all you like - at the end of the day, you are the one who instigated a response due to your comment.

In any case, I'm not prepared to waste any more of my time on a ridiculous and childish spat with a total stranger on a 1/6 forum - you strike me as quite an arrogant person who inevitably has to have the last word so go ahead - I won't be responding.

·
Respect, Honour, Courage
2,921 Posts
I won't be responding.
Isn't that what you just did? Come on guys. The UK Market is poor enough as it is, without all this. Yes prices there are a little on the high side, but compared with other UK sites and European sites (where VAT is added) they aren't that out off the scale. We in the UK I guess, at least those with experience (I have also been collecting since the 90s before Dragon etc) have got used to importing from elsewhere. I did, as a Ht toys Arnie Predator cost me £115 shipped from US whereas Forbidden Planet had it for £180. Sadly in order for UK companies to profit, these prices have to be asked.

Let's just see how it goes, the prices may come down...although I notice the HALO Reach 6" 2 packs are £21, whereas in Smyths they are £14.99. It's a new company and we should be supportive. However Kreem, I have to say your posts/tone do come across as antagonistic, and Scaley was only putting his own opinion across which is what we all love about the freedoms we have :)

·
Registered
194 Posts
You are the one who tried to belittle me with your comment 'and the understatement of the month goes to..' - did you not?
Did I try to belittle you? Ever hear of "quoted for truth". If I quote Shakespeare am I running the guy down?

My interpretation (and intent) of quoting you was "what he said, with bells on". So it looks like we have a misunderstanding. Could have been sorted out with a quick PM?

You are the one who claims that you can get these figures 'a lot cheaper' did you not? (and also failed to back up your statement with any real evidence)
So you're going to get all other posters to justify their opinion too?

Other members commented that the prices were a bit high and yet you chose to try to belittle me for saying the same thing - why is that? Have I offended you in another post somewhere or was I just the lucky one?
I refer you to the first reply of this post. I think we got crossed wires.

You can try and twist events all you like - at the end of the day, you are the one who instigated a response due to your comment.
Whatever you may like to think it's plain for all to see that you addressed me first.

In any case, I'm not prepared to waste any more of my time on a ridiculous and childish spat with a total stranger on a 1/6 forum - you strike me as quite an arrogant person who inevitably has to have the last word so go ahead - I won't be responding.
Cheers.

My final word is this: My intent was agreeing with you, but more strongly, If I was unclear in that regard then please accept my sincere apology.

You're probably right about me being arrogant. But I don't think defending myself and trying to get to reason why offence was taken is arrogant.

·
firefighterUK
7,029 Posts
Get a grip.

Another UK seller great, prices expensive, never mind. Hopefully that will change. Plastic 1/6 figures with a freedom of choice to buy or not buy. Your choice. Always Ebay and the web if you dont like it. Hate crap like this on here.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts