One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
sits in a loose parts box
7,448 Posts
I dont think it had much to do with making money, i think it had to do with the collaboration with Sideshow, developing the Prometheus Body for/with them. But thats just a thought.

·
BioChem Division
1,207 Posts
the pegs that go into the wrist of the body will NOT fit the older true type body (the one that has swivel feet, not ball jointed ankles)

i tried newer HT gloves on an old SDU body and the pegs did not fit.

if you are handy with minor modding, you can make them all compatible.

in the case the peg is too big for the wrist, you can dremel the hole slightly

in the case the peg is too small for the wrist, what i do is wrap teflon tape around the wrist peg and drop some CA zap a gap glue and let it dry as a coat over the teflon.

·
blistering barnacles
600 Posts
How exactly would Hot Toys profit off of altering the wrist joints? They're not the ones selling extra hands.

If anything they changed them to make them compatible with Sideshow hands, which are far more widely available(and cheaper loose) than the previous Hot Toys hands. Any given Sideshow Star Wars figure comes with and extra couple pairs of hands that will fit the new Hot Toys wrist peg.

·
Plastic anonymous
213 Posts
the pegs that go into the wrist of the body will NOT fit the older true type body (the one that has swivel feet, not ball jointed ankles)

i tried newer HT gloves on an old SDU body and the pegs did not fit.

if you are handy with minor modding, you can make them all compatible.

in the case the peg is too big for the wrist, you can dremel the hole slightly

in the case the peg is too small for the wrist, what i do is wrap teflon tape around the wrist peg and drop some CA zap a gap glue and let it dry as a coat over the teflon.
Not really true. only the first generation hot toys bodies (ie the ones with the long pegs for feet and hands) will have problems on the wrist joint. the rest will be fine.

You'll just have to mod the hands.

james.

·
BioChem Division
1,207 Posts
well i dont know then.

i have 3 SDU bodies and none of them can fit the wrist pins from the recent SF sniper gloved hands.

vice versa, the wrist pins from the SDU gauntlet gloved hands will not fit into the HT sniper body.

the 2 gloves however are interchangeable as long as their respective wrist pins are in their respective bodies.

the last bash i did, i used one SDU body and one HT sniper body, had to keep the original wrist pegs for each body but was able to swap gloves.

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,344 Posts
One would think logic dictates that HT would make their new parts adaptable to their own old parts. I could see not doing it with other companies, but their own is just strange. Unless a completely new design is introduced, but that is not the case. New TT hands not fitting TT bodies just seems like an odd thing to do.

Could be the colaboration thing, which makes sense on some level as well, but why not make an adapter peg for their own bodies, which makes even more sense. Like Dr.Figures did with the BBI wrist pin, and the HT pin with the glove sets. Makes me cautious about the new TT bodies.

·
One Sixth Junkie
Modern Military mostly
6,341 Posts
I've taken a drill and made the holes bigger. I've done this to my bbi, DML and I don't know what other figures, so that they would take the newer pegs from HT. You should have no problems. Just make the hole a little smaller than the pegs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.