One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought my first 1/6th scale action figure. I found a Takara Keberos Panzer Cop Midori Washio (German Grey if anyone cares) for a solid deal on ebay, bout half the going rate shipped from Japan. It was used, but from the description and photos I figured there wouldn't be any serious issues. Unfortunately I immediately ran into an issue where the leatherette clothing is deteriorating. Apparently this is a known issue for Takara models, and there's simply not much to be done about it.

I figured that's fine, can't be that hard to replace some clothing right? Worst case I can get some black fatigues and tailor them a bit to fit a female figure a bit better. Grab some jack boots and glue on the armor pieces and no one will be the wiser. That at least so far seems to be correct... but the leatherette on the boots are degrading too.

Which leads us to issue two. I've seen these models posed with bare "skin" hands and feet. Those either aren't included for real or simply weren't available or part of my kit. I assume there's some universal interfacing on boots for these types of figures where appropriate, but most of what I'm seeing on ebay appears to be set up for figures with actual feet.

So now I'm completely at a loss. I could probably return the figure, but I do rather enjoy it, and did want to own it. I'm okay spending some more cash since I paid under market any way, and the accessories are all in good shape. (The armor, weapons, etc.)

Unless there's a resource I can't find easily that's essentially the island of lost toy parts where I can get the poor girl some lower legs and feet, it strikes me the easiest thing to do is to do a body swap and keep the head sculpt and just move on from there. Unless it's possible to purchase boots that are designed for the peg insert system Takara seems to use. Which would hopefully be cheaper still, and certainly would be a lot faster.

Very open to suggestions. I know literally nothing and have only browsed a few ancient threads on this particular figure, so if you've got relevant experience or advice I'm happy to read it. Right down to suggesting which body swap to purchase at which skin tone. (Interestingly the current body she came with doesn't actually color match the head sculpt... kinda annoying if I'm honest.)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'd like to note separately that while the body swaps I've found on ebay, Phicen, etc, which does have a muscular build that seems like a good fit, are fairly expensive from what I can see, it strikes me if I go that route that I'm still paying less than I would have for a current full price model, and the full steel skeleton, seamless body, etc, is probably a rather solid upgrade to the figure as is. Is my thinking somewhat on track? Again, I have no idea what I'm doing, just trying to muddle through and rescue this figure.

·
Eagle Eye Joe
2,626 Posts
We do, or did have a resident expert on these Kerberos figures but I'm not sure if he's around anymore. I did a search and couldn't find his threads and I don't remember what his name was on here. I have a few of the figures, including the one you bought (but in black). I bought it new and live in West Texas so no issues with flaking. The flaking is a huge issue and some people have been able overcome it in various ways. One guy was able to recoat the fabric with something (I can't remember) and it looked great. You might be able to scrape the flaking off of the boots to match the fatigues you talked about buying. Also, you should check out these 2 forums: Collector Freaks Collectibles Forum and One Sixth Figures (onesixthfigures)
You might even get lucky and find someone who has her clothing and boots in a parts bin waiting for a new home. Good luck and welcome to the board.

Edit: I found one of the posts on this issue: Miscellaneous Subject - Fixing cracking and flaking...

·
Eagle Eye Joe
2,626 Posts
Thanks for the response, is it this person maybe? jaztermareal

And I'll look into all that, appreciate it.
Yes!!! That's the one I could not remember. I always enjoyed his thorough posts and reviews of his figures.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I sent them a message. Hopefully someone else has suggestions on body swaps or something if they don't turn back up. Not sure I have the patience to "skin" her outfit then paint it till it's functional again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This figure has what we used to call boot feet. If you look on the bottom of the feet you will find a screw. When you remove the screw the sole will come off and you can remove the fabric boot sleeves use them to make a pattern to replace them.

I replaced the uniform with a black bodysuit and it gives the figure a stormtrooper vibe. The Takara bodies are a good blend of aesthetics and posability. They are pretty rugged too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm working on finding some very thin leather so my wife can do just that! I have a couple options for under clothes including normal black fatigues which I've seen in other Keberos figures.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts