One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,956 Posts
Coming soon in 2018/2019 hopefully with additional refinements than shown.

Be sure to have your bank accounts, credit card line/limits, etc. ready.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
I've said this before, but I think at this point, the TBL character design process is pretty much, throw the first wave of Phicen figures into the blender, hit puree...

·
12,956 Posts
I've said this before, but I think at this point, the TBL character design process is pretty much, throw the first wave of Phicen figures into the blender, hit puree...
--

That or find licenses that are cheap/almost free and then produce figures on lesser known/less prolific licenses from lesser known/less prolific publishers where they're under the belief a 1:6 figure of their character will yield more recognition.

Of course, they could be like that douche bag Graig Weich who is spamming every online social media venue possible by embellishing and lying about his "credibility" and his CLEO figure by encouraging/promoting everyone to buy the damn figure from his website instead of from 1:6 vendors and apparently PHICEN/TBLeague don't give a $%^& about how he is pissing off every 1:6 vendor that carries/sells their products.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
--

That or find licenses that are cheap/almost free and then produce figures on lesser known/less prolific licenses from lesser known/less prolific publishers where they're under the belief a 1:6 figure of their character will yield more recognition.

Of course, they could be like that douche bag Graig Weich who is spamming every online social media venue possible by embellishing and lying about his "credibility" and his CLEO figure by encouraging/promoting everyone to buy the damn figure from his website instead of from 1:6 vendors and apparently PHICEN/TBLeague don't give a $%^& about how he is pissing off every 1:6 vendor that carries/sells their products.
Yet ironically, of their whole new batch since the TBL rename, "Cleo" is the only new one that even pretends to be connected to a comic, even if that's a fake comic promo stunt for an episode of Coco's Reality Show.

DFC, you and I and others were talking last year about how the list of comics women suitable for Phicen was getting shorter. It's even shorter now, for example Vampirella has been made. They're about down to Zenescope second tier characters, Dejah Thoris, and a couple of women from the Lady Death continuity.

Their other option, which they're mostly taking, is "original" as in non-licensed pin-up women like Greek Warrior Woman, Cowboy Girl, Steampunk Girl. Any artist who's drawn a pin-up calendar like that will tell you that you start running out of concepts and recycling ideas by around October.

·
12,956 Posts
Yet ironically, of their whole new batch since the TBL rename, "Cleo" is the only new one that even pretends to be connected to a comic, even if that's a fake comic promo stunt for an episode of Coco's Reality Show.

DFC, you and I and others were talking last year about how the list of comics women suitable for Phicen was getting shorter. It's even shorter now, for example Vampirella has been made. They're about down to Zenescope second tier characters, Dejah Thoris, and a couple of women from the Lady Death continuity.

Their other option, which they're mostly taking, is "original" as in non-licensed pin-up women like Greek Warrior Woman, Cowboy Girl, Steampunk Girl. Any artist who's drawn a pin-up calendar like that will tell you that you start running out of concepts and recycling ideas by around October.
--

PHICEN/TBLeague don't have the clout or credibility to approach DC and/or Marvel.

Personally speaking, they could approach Image, but Image is savvy enough to want real $ for licensing. I'm sure the @$$holes at ER are very much in the business mix and they tend to stay away from legitimate/real $ when it comes to licensing . . . that is my guess based on what has occurred thus far. Lady Death, Shi, Tomoe, and Vampirella along with Death Dealer have been the more recognizable licensed offerings thus far and no indication if truly other Lady Death associated/related offerings are truly on the horizon along with the Zenescope offerings for now as well as the ARH related licenses.

Maybe PHICEN/TBLeague/ER are at a cross road where original (i.e. cheap and uninspired) offerings could be the new normal for them? How soon we will get tried of female Sparta themed offerings? The Western female is basically like a super deluxe interpretation of the Super Duck female Western sets so to speak.

I don't necessarily see PHICEN/TBLeague having the balls to start full fledged bootleg/unlicensed offerings given their visibility and I still believe their relationship with the ER @$$holes is hindering them since they don't have an in house development team so to speak.

HELL . . . given how the market changes and such . . . I wouldn't be surprised if a certain pitch/spokesperson ends up doing work again for them provided the bridges were not completely burned.

2018 IMHO may end up being a year of change for PHICEN/TBLeague and generally speaking 1:6 seamless bodies based on what I know thus far.

We can only wait and see.

·
12,956 Posts
"IF" PHICEN/TBLeague approached Image Comics, they need to focus on Top Cow.

WHY?

Witchblade (Many variants/versions can be done.)
Aphrodite IX
The Magdalena
The Darkness

Another publisher to approach is Aspen Publishing founded by the late Michael Turner (original artist on Witchblade).

Fathom/Aspen

Individual artists such as . . .

Joe Benitez | Wraithborn & Lady Mechanika

J. Scott Campbell | Danger Girl

David Mack | Kabuki (NOTE: Supposedly FGC was supposed to produce it, but it ended up being a completely different figure bearing no resemblance to the character.)

Everette Hartsoe | Razor

·
12,956 Posts
If PHICEN/TBLeague wanted some inspired original ideas, I gladly suggest the following.

Dr. Jekyll/Ms. Hyde

A female Dr. Jekyll and Ms. Hyde figure where Dr. Jekyll is a very plain Jane figure, but Ms. Hyde is an alluring and sexy temptress.

A female mummy inspired figure inspired by the God awful Tom Cruise film or come up with an original Egyptian concept.

A female vampire seductress figure inspired by Mina Harker based on The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen film.

A female Dr. Frankenstein figure with a female and male monster creations.

·
OSW Member
2,257 Posts
If PHICEN/TBLeague wanted some inspired original ideas, I gladly suggest the following.

Dr. Jekyll/Ms. Hyde

A female Dr. Jekyll and Ms. Hyde figure where Dr. Jekyll is a very plain Jane figure, but Ms. Hyde is an alluring and sexy temptress.

A female mummy inspired figure inspired by the God awful Tom Cruise film or come up with an original Egyptian concept.

A female vampire seductress figure inspired by Mina Harker based on The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen film.

A female Dr. Frankenstein figure with a female and male monster creations.
Indeed some very good ideas although I would suggest trying Fantasy Art maybe something like Boris Vallejo & Julie Bell, Luis Royo (the non R rated stuff) or Nene Thomas
which is definitely PHICEN/ TBLeague style?

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
I’d like to see them revisit the fairy tales theme; they were off to a great start with Red Riding Hood back when they were still using plastic skeletons. All one needs to do is look at J Scott Campbell’s Fairy Tale Fantasies calendars to see how TBLEAGUE-rife that material is. Christ, I’d kill for a seamless mermaid figure! I’ve been trying to come up with a way to make my own for the last few years.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Some good suggestions for sure -- but it shows that TBL now has to dig deeper because the strong obvious candidates, like Red Sonja, Lady Death and Vampirella have been done, or are at version #2 or #3. If I look at a new figure fresh and individually, some are ok, but if I ask myself "Why do I specifically need one more" they don't feel necessary or compelling.

One thing they should do for sure is find some reason to do one black (African American) boxed figure, if they're not going to make that a loose body. I don't care if the character is "Salesgirl at Costco," I'll buy it. If they can do white skin Lady Death and blue skin Death Dealer slavegirls, how about a nod to a large segment of world population?

·
12,956 Posts
Some good suggestions for sure -- but it shows that TBL now has to dig deeper because the strong obvious candidates, like Red Sonja, Lady Death and Vampirella have been done, or are at version #2 or #3. If I look at a new figure fresh and individually, some are ok, but if I ask myself "Why do I specifically need one more" they don't feel necessary or compelling.

One thing they should do for sure is find some reason to do one black (African American) boxed figure, if they're not going to make that a loose body. I don't care if the character is "Salesgirl at Costco," I'll buy it. If they can do white skin Lady Death and blue skin Death Dealer slavegirls, how about a nod to a large segment of world population?
--

I would be fine if they made her as a basic figure offering.

·
Whatever Works, Dude
2,244 Posts
The figure at the top is Arkhalla, vampire queen from ARH Comics (the same people who own Arhian the Head Huntress of the staining non-functional top). She's been announced with prototype photos, preorder info should be along any minute now.

For those who don't want to click through for the Facebook album, some sample shots (click to embiggen):

Flash photography Temple Performing arts Entertainment Black hair

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content
Face Head Lip Human body Flash photography

Leg Waist Statue Sculpture Thigh

As for other licenses, I definitely don't see Phicen/TBLeague/ER going after DC or Marvel, but Dynamite has a lot more characters that can be exploited (he said both literally and figuratively). Plus, we've already seen other figure prototypes from Billy Tucci's comics and more coming from Graig Weich's Beyond Comics (of whom Cleo/Coco is only the first). There's also some other characters left in the Xenoscope catalog (though the Princess Jasmine-inspired character would require a darker skin tone and that might be a dealbreaker for Phicen/TBLeague since they've made it clear they don't think those sell). There's a whole lot of near-naked ladies in the small press world nobody knows about which could probably be licensed for cheap if they wanted to go that route.

·
Registered
80 Posts
How damned and broken would I be if TBLeague got the licenses from Top Cow... I'd be extremely happy with a Witchblade, Angelus and a Magdalena.
One interesting figure would be Carmen Sandiego. I don't know about her popularity around the world, but it'd be really neat to see her in 1/6 scale. A red overcoat, a sexy dress underneath, black evening gloves, high-heels and her iconic hat, of course.
The video-game franchises would be beastly. In here, there's a plethora of material, almost endless. They would even hit some new markets, getting even more fans.

Now I think they should give more thought to male figures too. They are losing a lot of potential here. They could fool around with some different concepts of historical or fantasy soldiers, warriors, fighters, average joes... they could even go to UFC or WWE characters, even if fictional, to show more of the seamless bodies.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
I would like to see movie characters like Gisele Yashar (Gal Gadot) from Fast & Furious 5 and 6.
Probably not from P/TBL, you wouldn't. The general overall appearance of their headsculpts has improved tremendously, but they still have no track record for doing an actual specific actor. Gadot took HT a couple of tries to get more or less right, so I'd have my doubts for a TBL sculpt.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts