One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Da revolution is here!
1,979 Posts
I've got a few peices from it, and I really like them...However they;re the real standout peices (M4 and boots, and a few other tidbits) so I can't really speak for the set as a whole. CorranJ did a review, and IIRC, he wasn't too happy with the overall figure and price.

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
It's alright,but if you can find the pieces you want,at a decent price,get it that way instead.

I will do a bit of a recap.

The bad-The neckpost broke,the BDU's were oversized(ACE size),no NVG mount,CASV M4 rail broke.

The good-A CIRAS vest again,although a bit large
-A great selection of pouches
-Great cloth Oakleys
-a CASV M4,it's always great to have a new mold for an M4

But keep in mind that you may pay more for the stuff you want,than the whole set.But you are always able to pick and choose what you want as well.

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
Sooo Alexei...You don't agree that the vest,boots and a new M4 mold are good points?

And you don't agree that the set didn't have NVG mount,ot that the BDU's were a bit oversized,or that my M4 rail broke?

·
BBi Fanboy
2,210 Posts
Worth the money if it's in your budget. A lot of nice pieces all around. The CIRAS is great, the M4 is a bit fragile, but that's the price you pay for detail. Just take it easy and be patient with the stuff, and you shouldn't have any probs.

I have to agree with Corran that the CIRAS seems a bit large, but it's difficult to think how an item with so many layers could have been made much smaller. It's still much better proportioned than the HT version. The new SS CIA guy's black version seems even thicker. Once the EOD's CIRAS is on the figure, it looks good.

·
Banned
4,284 Posts
Sooo Alexei...You don't agree that the vest,boots and a new M4 mold are good points?

And you don't agree that the set didn't have NVG mount,ot that the BDU's were a bit oversized,or that my M4 rail broke?
I dont agree that M4 is too fragile - it's just as fragile as all other delicate items from other manufacturers. I handled whole bunch of these M4s, none broke...

BDU fits nice on the supplied body, as well as ACE and HT. No complains from me. But of course, I haven't tried it on Toy Soldier bodies...

Large CIRAS - I don't know, could be... still better then Toy Soldier one which was on a smaller side (so you could not really fit everything you want on it) and is impossible to find.

As for items not included in the box. Well I can come up with a whole bunch of other items that I would like to see on EOD (or any other figures from any other manufacturer) that probably more needed then the NVG mount; after all, I can always use some other helmet on the figure, while some EOD-related items would be very hard/impossible to find. In the end, what we get in the box and for the price it sells for is more then decent.

Anyways, you have your point and I have mine. We already know you won't completely agree with me and I won't completely agree with you:)

Alexei

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
I don't understand why so may folks have problems with the S1 body. I have several and have never had a problem with them. I've had my CIA SOG figure for nine months now and my kids have even played with him without breakage (Knock on Wood). You guys must be eatting way to many wheaties.

Paul

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.