One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Re: +++NEW Rules Pertaining to Political Discussions+++

The string of replies to the original posting illustrate clearly why the rules have been in place, and have had to be repeated. No matter how thoughtful, earnest, and worded such discussions are, they will inevitably break down.

The remembrance thread began well enough, but importing personal anger and frustration to it was a shameful act. Thus, the rules were re-stated, in lieu of darkening the moment further by removing offending members.
Now this thread would be employed as a stump for protest and declarations. That needs to end now.

Mike

·
Registered
3,301 Posts

I would just like to say that GrenadierStinny has the best aptitude for TACT I have ever seen. Props GS, and are you by chance a speech writer in your 1:6 off time??

EDIT - Your not so bad yourself PD;)

·
Registered
1,279 Posts

I must say I do find it tedious to hear the: "Who would buy that...he is such a bad bad man..."

And yes, there often seems to be an implicit criticism pointed at anyone who would consider buying a controversial figure. Apart from the suggestion being offensive, it is simply philosophically simplistic.

>>>

·
Resisting Evil
5,730 Posts

I may be wrong (it's happened before), but I find it ironic that the war figures depicted here (any war) were engaged in wars that were inveriably started by politics/politicians, and not by the people that are depicted by the figures, who were the ones sent out to actually fight.

War & politics are eternally married to each other, no matter how we slice it.

What is REALLY irritating is the battles over the politics of the companies that make the figures. For instance: "That figure is crap because the company that makes it done me wrong"; "My favorite company''s figures are the greatest, don't waste your money buying that one"; "It's nothing but re-hash, why can't they make something that I want"; etc. etc, etc, ad nauseum. It's all politics.

I know...I know.....that still doesn't mean we have to discuss the political stuff, but.....just sayin', that's all.......

Done now. :thanks

·
Miscreant & Ne'er-do-well
1,373 Posts

I think that simply using common sense will probably go a long way. The moderators have never proven themselves to be blind ideologues ready to pounce on a member because the word "the" was misplaced in a sentence, thus potentially creating an "inferred" alternate meaning...

Come on people, they are talking about posts that say things like "Nazis/Communists/other ideology were great people with the right idea" or "<name of President, PM or other political figure here> is the antichrist, or those who espouse political philosophy X are evil/the best/whatever.

It's relatively straightforward to figure out if what you are going to post is political in a real-world sense. Obviously talking about the Galactic Empire from Star Wars is not going to get you banned. When in doubt, just err on the side of discretion. It's not rocket surgery.

·
Banned
815 Posts

"Come on people, they are talking about posts that say things like "Nazis/Communists/other ideology were great people with the right idea" or "<name of President, PM or other political figure here> is the antichrist, or those who espouse political philosophy X are evil/the best/whatever."

I don't believe that's what happens, in the main, to cause aggravation.
I can't recall seeing a post that espoused anything others would find horrific. (I may be wrong, being a Noob)
What I think is meant is people posting stuff that they're OK with, that others are actively hostile towards. In other words, insinuations are made, one way or another, that the post in question should have a disclaimer at the front (like you see in eBay ads, ad nauseam), to the effect that the poster is apologising for the post, and doesn't agree with the ideology of the person the figure represents.
In other other words, some people feel (on noting the lack of disclaimer) that some negative reminder is not only therefore required, but compulsory.

So, bottom line, not (as Piesix suggests) people posting inappropriate positive opinions, but people reacting to the absence of "appropriate" condemnation!
Neutral (in this subject, apparently) not acceptable, in some quarters.
There. Finished. I think. :knock

21 - 26 of 26 Posts