One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Kit-Bash Krazy!
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good Evening Everyone!

Just finished another review, this time the GLINT Team Leader from DAM Toys. There will be a full written review to accompany this one which will be up within the next week. I'll post the link to that on this thread when done... In the meantime, please feast your eyes on this video:

Hope you enjoy!

Steve.

EDIT: Here is the link for the full written review, added 28/01 : http://www.onesixthscale.co.uk/inde...am-s-o-c-glint-team-leader-ryan-watson-review

·
ever wearing flipflops
10,477 Posts
Re: New Review - DAM Toys: S.O.C GLINT Team Leader

Thank you for posting the review:)

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts

As I said in the other thread, I'm a photos and text guy, but I have to admit your video reviews are quick and sharp.
Did Ryder voice any concerns when you left the groin armor off? "All well and fine for you Steve, but it's my bollocks they're shooting at!"

I almost forgot - that fighting knife is wicked, I really like it.

·
Registered
5,139 Posts

Thanks for the review....a very nice figure. The best modern military figure I have seen in a while. If I don't get this it will only be because it sold out before I could get the funds. actually I like to have two of these. 2014 is going to be an expensive one toy wise if I get all the figures that I would like to. Roadblock and the man of steel or nearly paid for. I want the snake escape from NY figure, the art figures nicholas cage from the rock and I am still trying to buy the Hot toy Snake Eyes....oh my poor aching wallet!!!!

·
Registered
7,944 Posts

Pretty Bad Azz figure.
Good choice of music but sculpt likeness to Zachary Quinto?
Mmmmyeah....no.
Can't believe they left out the black scarf worn by Lt.Col. Lennox in the movie.
Looked pretty cool.

·
Registered
433 Posts

Excellent review:applause
Thanks for sharing-inspired me to put in a preorder!

·
IMOK
1,023 Posts

I enjoyed the review! I liked the figure all kitted up with the weathering... looks great. Thanks!!

·
Registered
629 Posts

Great video and to the point, this figure really is unique.

I just got mine last week and I don't think I will be parting with it anytime soon.

·
Kit-Bash Krazy!
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Thanks guys for your kind comments. I do enjoy making these little videos, it has re-inspired me somewhat (you know what it's like, every now and again you question why you do this!?) :)

As I said in the other thread, I'm a photos and text guy, but I have to admit your video reviews are quick and sharp.
Did Ryder voice any concerns when you left the groin armor off? "All well and fine for you Steve, but it's my bollocks they're shooting at!"

I almost forgot - that fighting knife is wicked, I really like it.
As promised PD, all boxed figures will have an accompanying written review too. Because they take a little while to write, this method allows me to get something out there quickly for people to see whilst the figure is hopefully still available! Yeah I put the armour on, looked at, and decided I preferred it with it off... he didn't put up too much of a fight :)

Pretty Bad Azz figure.
Good choice of music but sculpt likeness to Zachary Quinto?
Mmmmyeah....no.
Can't believe they left out the black scarf worn by Lt.Col. Lennox in the movie.
Looked pretty cool.
Honestly man, in hand I really got that vibe... not so much from the pictures I admit!

Excellent review:applause
Thanks for sharing-inspired me to put in a preorder!
Whoops, sorry about that! lol :)

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts

Great review,

After my experience with the Ace Mk1, I've always been very cagey about that shoulder design, though I trust DAM have made improvements in that area. How did you find the range of motion there?

CHEERS!

·
Kit-Bash Krazy!
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Great review,

After my experience with the Ace Mk1, I've always been very cagey about that shoulder design, though I trust DAM have made improvements in that area. How did you find the range of motion there?

CHEERS!
Hi Roger, yes the ACE and DAM figure bodies are VERY similar in design, however the DAM one is a far better build quality. I found the shoulder articulation to be very good and the joints are tight enough to hold a good pose without being so tight you worry about breaking them. The only problem, similar to the Art figures body is in relation to head articulation, there is not enough gap around the neck post recess to accomodate the neck so you can't tilt the head side-ways... if that makes sense?

Steve.

·
Kit-Bash Krazy!
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1 - 12 of 12 Posts