One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Kit-Bash Krazy!
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Here is a new review for you in the 'new style', this time the DAM Toys 75th Ranger Regiment SAW Gunner - exhibition exclusive.

Hope you enjoy it, as always your feedback is welcomed and if you haven't done so already, please do subscribe to the YouTube channel.

Thanks for watching!

Steve.

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
Great review!

I think the script on the SAW was as close as DAM dared get to Heckler and Koch before they sent the boys round.

The body must be pretty robust as he stands well with all the kit on.

CHEERS!

·
Kit-Bash Krazy!
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great review!

I think the script on the SAW was as close as DAM dared get to Heckler and Koch before they sent the boys round.

The body must be pretty robust as he stands well with all the kit on.

CHEERS!
Thanks Roger, it was quite pain to get it to balance for that 'walking' shot, but yes the body is really good. I love DAM bodies!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Finally, I was waiting for a review of this figure (one of my faves) sinc eI bought it long time ago - I love it still haven't found the time to take it out of the box - but I love it. I take the box, open and watch the figure inside almost daily

And yes, I do love to watch reviews - even before a purchase. I love to hear other people opinions, focus points etc

Thank you for another great post!

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
How are those ball joints on the shoulders? I had an Ace Mk1 upon which the DAM body is based and they were on so tight that the pegs had been twisted when moving the arms instead of functioning how the joint normally would. Both arms have sheared off now!

CHEERS!

·
Kit-Bash Krazy!
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks folks, really glad you've enjoyed the review and found it useful!

How are those ball joints on the shoulders? I had an Ace Mk1 upon which the DAM body is based and they were on so tight that the pegs had been twisted when moving the arms instead of functioning how the joint normally would. Both arms have sheared off now!

CHEERS!
The ball joints are absolutely fine Roger, never really had an issue with DAM bodies except for the time I over articulated an arm it and popped off the shoulder ball and I couldn't get it back on without stripping the figure down and de-clothing... doh! The ACE ones although looked similar were always a bit off, the plastic was much more brittle too...

·
Intercept,Engage,Destroy
5,195 Posts
I've always enjoyed Y.T. reviews of any products and this one is very good! Great job, Steve. :thumb

·
Fallen
8 Posts
Thanks for the review, very nice informative video.
I've seen the pics of the ranger that this figure is based on and it's totally on spec.
Looks like a really, really good figure.

I hate threading molle. There you go I've said it.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
A very interesting figure for the simple fact that its in training. Most figures - if not all - show troops as they would be after training, or in combat (however, DML did make a couple of Germans in those white and reed green fatigues used for training. And me, my stupid "¤/&¤%¤ never picked them up).

It reminds me of the movie Tigerland which is a Vietnam movie but not quite, since it only showed what happened in boot camp. I recommend it, well worth watching.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
The DAM bodies are inconsistent but rarely would I say the arms are on too tight. If anything they can be loose (easily addressed with a bit of a coating on the joint. With the last several production runs they have had better QC and less loose joints. The ankle pegs occasionally need a bit of coating for better tightness of the feet as well. If the dimensions work for you they are a good choice as they are more robust and more easily repaired compared to other options on the market.

CHEERS!

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
No surprise, a thorough, and "user-friendly" review. I'll admit, my teeth were grinding a bit, thru the Molle threading sequence. Still, it's another faithful bit of miniature kit. A good looking figure, all right.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
s_j_i nailed it. I was merely remarking on the somewhat excruciating nature of putting Molle gear together. It's a simple but effective system, but a bit maddening at times.

·
Kit-Bash Krazy!
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
s_j_i nailed it. I was merely remarking on the somewhat excruciating nature of putting Molle gear together. It's a simple but effective system, but a bit maddening at times.
Ah phew, I thought I was putting it together wrong or something! :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts