One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Social Misfit
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got to the point of I can move my arm for short periods of time without discomfort. Sooo.......ive begun new experiments on my repaints. I've done away almost completley with the pastels for something a bit different. I still use pastels when I need a nice red color instead of the reddish-brownish-purple shown here. I'm also experimenting with new ways to paint the eyes. On most of the repaints, the eyes suck, but I think on Kurt Dorr, they are the best yet.
Enough Rmabling, here they are.

DiD Rozan Stubbendorf. On this one, I experimented wih brown pastel for the 5'o'clock shadow, instead of my regular charcoal sticks.

Albert Ross, Shaven. I tried to minimize the charcoal stick use to give a light 5'oclock shadow.

Albert Ross, war-torn. I darkened the facial hair, put some more red under his eyes, and used a thicker wash in his hair.

Anders Nygaard. Simply put, his eyes suck.

Ludwig Mandel. I made a slight accidental extra stroke on his left eye, but its good other than that.

Karl Stroop. Like on my Gustav magnor figure, I tried to make grey eyes, but with more detail.

Kurt Dorr. I did some experimenting with blue pastel around his veins to give them a bit more of a mad look. I did an experiment with his eyes, instead of using one color, I tried a mix of blue, grey, and brown.

My new sealer is not dull coat, but my figures are no where near as shiny as they used to be. You mostly see refelctions because of my bad lighting and the fact that sometimes my camera is too sensitive to bright lights (the setting i use is the only setting that gives me good indoor photos).

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Imagine what you could do with both arms (just kidding, not sure anyone could do much better than yours). Great work, I Love the scars. What is it that gives them that shine? I am getting ready to try my hand at painting sculpts, but I have little faith in my ability. I am trying it on a lame John Wayne that I am not using for anything else.

·
Social Misfit
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys. this is probably about as good as Im goung to get. I only use one hand for the actual painting. The other, regardless of how injusred it is, is used just to hole the toothbrush the sculpt is mounted on until its finished.

Tatuued- the finish is form my new sealer. I use Krylon clear matte spray paint. I put on as many layers as i need, and it does not get as shiny as the last sealer. It still leaves a realistic shine. Just keep practicing your repaintign, and you'll get good. It didn't take long for my repaints to reach a decent level. Just practice every day if time premits, and you will be successful. Just find a good tutorial (like when I started) or try your own method (kinda what im doing now).

·
Social Misfit
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im wondering, and I need some opinions- on a scale of one to ten, one being factory paint quality, ten being the best there is, what would you class these? id say around a five or six.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts