One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
213 Posts
Well, not that most of us don't have some version of all this but Im happy to see some more U.S. Army gear. It looks well done but I would agree that the assault vest should be a shade of med. green. I think there was also a khaki colored type so I guess its that. Good job Alert Line!

· 1:6 enthusiast
2,092 Posts
Not really my area of interest but it does look good. I don't really like the shiny look of the helmet though. I believe that it shines through the helmet netting much too prominently and lends something of a toy like appearance to the figure. Still, that could easily be corrected. Now, if AL would just branch out with some WW2 Italian sets, then they might get my attention. Probably unlikely to happen though as the still readily available boxed figures and parts from of some of the Dragon and Twisting Toys Italian releases suggests that it's not a very popular subject.

· Registered
258 Posts
Not really my area of interest but it does look good. I don't really like the shiny look of the helmet though. I believe that it shines through the helmet netting much too prominently and lends something of a toy like appearance to the figure. Still, that could easily be corrected. Now, if AL would just branch out with some WW2 Italian sets, then they might get my attention. Probably unlikely to happen though as the still readily available boxed figures and parts from of some of the Dragon and Twisting Toys Italian releases suggests that it's not a very popular subject.
Are you just looking for more Italian troops because you have enough of everything else?

· Registered
6,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
VERY few 1/6 italian figs for sure!! I hope they do!!! If not, look up Juan Duran Postigo on facebook. He makes various 1/6 custom mililtary uniforms

· 1:6 enthusiast
2,092 Posts
Are you just looking for more Italian troops because you have enough of everything else?
Not really. It's just that Italian RSI period (9/43 to the end of the war) troops are the only WW2 figures that still interest me. Considering that, there's really not that much that's been released that I still want or need. Unlike WW2 Germans, there's a lot from the Italian military that has never been done and it would be nice to see someone tackle the subject again. Even the most common WW2 Italian rifle, the Carcano M1891 hasn't been produced by any manufacturer. Fortunately Weylen Tseng is working on resin ones that with some luck will eventually show up in his eBay store.

My new 1/6 rifle "Carcano 1891" just... - G.I. Ops Hobby Club 玩具人型俱樂部 | Facebook

VERY few 1/6 italian figs for sure!! I hope they do!!! If not, look up Juan Duran Postigo on facebook. He makes various 1/6 custom mililtary uniforms
Thanks! I have FB open right now so I took a look. He does very nice work but I don't really have a burning desire for a new Italian figure. I'd just be interested if something new was released. There's just so much potential there that it would be nice if that particular niche got a bit of attention. I also know someone that used to be active here (daewon_ton) that also makes custom uniforms. I have several that he's made and they are very nice. He's also currently working on a Cold War era Soviet M69 uniform for me but I may ask him about some Italian subjects in the future.

· Registered
963 Posts
This looks like a pretty promising set over all - plus - three belts and two weapons - so we've got that going for us, which is nice...

Wools would have been great with this set, but, as is, and by dropping the Ranger diamond, you can use most of this figure in the ETO, MTO, and PTO in 1944 - which is a very rare feet with most releases!

Nicely done, Alert Line!

Fred

· Sir Lurksalot
674 Posts
Where's the best sites to purchase these Alert Line sets? I want some.
How does their weapon quality stack up to DiD and Soldier Story?
May not matter much as I'm trying to find Ti-Lite weapons.
They are available for preorder at Monkey Depot and while I haven't checked, War Toys usually stocks Alert Line as well. Both reputable dealers.

I have their older BAR gunner set and the BAR is equivalent to Dragon's in quality. Well sculpted and molded with a removable mag hinged butt plate and removable, rotating carry handle but no operating slide. While I have never compared them, I'm pretty sure it's a direct copy of the Dragon. Hope that helps.

Edit: Thinking about it, I also have one of their Russian sets too and the rifle is also a copy of Dragons.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.