One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Social Misfit
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I walked 5 miles in the rain to pick up new photolamps(they're actually halogen desklamps) and spent all my cash on the lamps, spare bulbs, and paintbrushes.

About the light albertross changes, it was my "Mac figure untill it fell off the shelf, and I lost the sculpt. I used my last AR repaint, gave him an StG44 he "Borrowed" from a German soldier.

·
Social Misfit
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THanks guys.

Das, the figure is awesome and the new lighting makes the figure shine! How many lamps did you buy and what brand are they?
I picked up 3 hampton bay 470 510's. They are halogen lamps, and I had to slightly change the white balance on my camera. they are nice and bright, and on one side, is the regular lamp, with UV filter, on the other is a piece of translucent plastic, which is good for soft lighting.

·
Social Misfit
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys.
And drunk_leprechaun- the base is from one of DML's US D-Day figures a few years back.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Your work is reaching a level of excellence that's impressive as hell. Your dedication's borne fruit.

·
Social Misfit
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here's the setup I use, and you get a good view of the lamps themselves. I had to pixelize the figure in the middle, as not to give away my current project.

·
Social Misfit
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!......The pose, the lighting, and the figure itself,...WOW!!!

...and i don't know how you managed it DS, but in the first pic especially, his hair looks REAL!!:wideyes

Neil.
thanks neil. I don't know how I made the hair look real either, but it probably has something to do with the fact that I didn't mix the paint right....

·
Kitbash MacGyver
1,002 Posts
Great bash! Double-thanks for showing your lighting setup...been wanting look at photo lamps for some time and your info on setting up your indoor shots is MOST helpful. Again, great custom!

·
Social Misfit
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Great bash! Double-thanks for showing your lighting setup...been wanting look at photo lamps for some time and your info on setting up your indoor shots is MOST helpful. Again, great custom!
Well, happy to help. If you want better photos than mine, adjust the white balance, and use a lagre sheet of butcher paper, as it does not wrinkle like fabric, and, if the white balance is right, you get a slightly whiter background.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.