One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
1:6 film/scifi/historical
11,538 Posts
In the middle of my second reset of settings, using DFCs original tips. Still unable to reset password and this time the message counter did not reset.
Limiting my posts to positive comments on others posts.
Not posting any new content.
Losing interest fast.
Thanks.
Is that why you just said such nice things on my Vulture thread? :cry:wink

PD sent me a password reset email, it expired before I did anything with it. I just asked for another and got in with the password it provided, but, I can't reset it. When I try to it says the password doesn't match the current one, which it of course wouldn't as I just changed it! I too had the one reply per page thing but have fixed that, but will it stay fixed!?
Welcome back Roger! I hope you stay!!

·
Registered
809 Posts
I reAllly dislike all these adds.
I mthink I’ll quite this board from now on.
Cheers 1/6 warriors, it was good knowing you. Thanks for the good times.

·
Administrator
70 Posts
Hi Lee,

Here is a list of errors users have been complaining about (others may append further items):

1. Login issues: inability to use saved password, necessitating the use of a temporary password, and then inability to save a new regular password. I'm trying to get to the bottom of this
2. Complete lockout from the forum -- some users apparently could not get even a temporary password, including our admin Mike (pukingdog). I will email him.
3. System not saving preferences: lost avatars, reset settings for social media (when 0 appears in the boxes due to system, we get links to social media under our user names, whether or not we have social media). can you elaborate on this, the social media one
4. Sometimes uploaded images in the albums on the site are not possible to open normally -- error message about invalid attachment.
5. Some users have experienced a problem where every single post in a thread appears on a new page. this is being investigated, I had this issue before, sent this to the techs, they cleared the system cache and told me to follow if it happens again.
6. At times the Notification indicator shows 2015 or 2016 or 2017 unread messages, which is both confusing and untrue. this should be fixed now
7. Database errors: where the requested new page within the site fails to load, or we get error message about a post not being posted, although in fact it is posted. so database errors usually happen when the site hits max connections capacity, that's one of the reason. but they usually show you the mySQL error when it happens. please send us this info so we can see what's going on

There are workarounds for items 4-7 above, but all of these problems have occurred to many users and with some frequency. Items 1-3 seem even more critical.

We will all appreciate it if the forum interface would resume something closer to normal and reliable operation.
I reached out to Jim Dolan again to follow up since our last correspondence. I did so as a member because I do give a damn about the OSW. I don't know if it will do or mean anything asides from me trying . . . or I'm like an ice cube on top of an incinerator.

IMHO . . . the priority and right thing to do is to restore proper admin access to the OSW admins (i.e. pukingdog, crusader1xxx, etc.) so they can proper perform the necessary administrative functions like they did prior to the forum moving over to VerticalScope. In addition, any/all members with access issues (i.e. cannot properly change/reset passwords, etc.) need to be cared for.

I guess the nuances in forum database/software, etc. is challenging. That's all I post/say on that.

Posting/saying the admins are frustrated is an understatement and I guess the members who are still here are carrying on with what they can, etc.
were you able to reach out to Jim for a response?

I am trying to push these issues up and i'm sorry for the lack from updates.

Li

·
Registered
630 Posts
I have Login issues: inability to use saved password, necessitating the use of a temporary password, and then inability to save a new regular password.

I had Li Reset and changed it but it kicked me out again. I tried to email him a few more times but got no response. I have not been coming here as often due to this issue. This has been going on for at least 2 months.

Quite frustrating.

·
Death comes silently...
1,074 Posts
Hi . Hope you can help. I cannot view any images from the postings. Is it my settings. using Windows 10. Appreciate it.

·
Caught in a 1/6 world
188 Posts
Change is good, but all to often experiences resistance. I am pleased to see how quickly you respond to members issues and that you seem genuinely interested to working with the somewhat intolerant types and look forward to improvements and resolution of ongoing issues. A welcome change indeed.

Sixth...

21 - 31 of 31 Posts