One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

New Navy Corpsman from Dragon

1332 Views 10 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  Pistol Pete
Dragon has announced the release of a US Navy Corpsman. This figure is scheduled to be released in Feb.

Dragon "Doc Brown" - U.S. Navy Corpsman, 2nd Battalion 5th Marines, Okinawa 1945 (Pharmacist's Mate, 2nd Class) (1:6) Pre Order Feb

Thanks
Ronnie
www.crossroadsdiecast.com
See less See more
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
That circle looks photo shopped. But still looks like a great figure. Though the helmet sits a little high
Looks like boots were an after thought...
Why can't they just do a regular figure? I'm sure there's an obscure reference to that vest some where, but for the life of me, I've never seen it in any book!
markdrake said:
Why can't they just do a regular figure? I'm sure there's an obscure reference to that vest some where, but for the life of me, I've never seen it in any book!
they should make some jJapanese.

the bbi ww2 Japanese guys bring big dollars these days...

but will Dragon listen?
whoopy freakin do
looks like a geek bib
The vest is featured in a color plate in Osprey's "United States Marine Corps of World War II." The bonus stretcher is a nice touch, so I may just get him. And yes, some Japanese would be great.
i was hoping dml would pony up and put a u.s.n. stamp on the tunic,but nope,they cheaped out and gave us the marine tunic that every ww-2 marine collector already has a bunch of. i wouldve rathered a navy tunic then that weird chest rig that no corpman in his right mind would wear. hell i work on a rescue and i cant imagine ever wearing some dorky thing like that :knock
I'm definitely picking this up.

I agree, though, that I'd have preferred a more typical corpsman gear layout-- particularly the corpsman bag and a hospital corpsman knife and sheath, or even a set of proper navy unit 3 pouches. And when is DML going to upgrade those plastic boondockers?? I hope the stretcher is a new version and not the old folding airborne version we got with Doc Peterson.

BTW: photos of a single Navy beach battalion Corpsman wearing this paratrooper medical pack at Tarawa are fairly common in books about Tarawa. I don't think there are images of this used in combat anywhere else, though. Here's a link to one image (scroll down a bit):

http://home.att.net/~corpsman/field_equipment_of_a_wwii_corpsm.htm
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.