One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dragon has announced the release of a US Navy Corpsman. This figure is scheduled to be released in Feb.

Dragon "Doc Brown" - U.S. Navy Corpsman, 2nd Battalion 5th Marines, Okinawa 1945 (Pharmacist's Mate, 2nd Class) (1:6) Pre Order Feb

Thanks
Ronnie
www.crossroadsdiecast.com

·
Silent Hunter
14,676 Posts
Looks like boots were an after thought...

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Why can't they just do a regular figure? I'm sure there's an obscure reference to that vest some where, but for the life of me, I've never seen it in any book!

·
Registered
33 Posts
markdrake said:
Why can't they just do a regular figure? I'm sure there's an obscure reference to that vest some where, but for the life of me, I've never seen it in any book!
they should make some jJapanese.

the bbi ww2 Japanese guys bring big dollars these days...

but will Dragon listen?

·
Custom User Title
2,594 Posts
whoopy freakin do
looks like a geek bib

·
Enjoying the View
1,136 Posts
The vest is featured in a color plate in Osprey's "United States Marine Corps of World War II." The bonus stretcher is a nice touch, so I may just get him. And yes, some Japanese would be great.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
i was hoping dml would pony up and put a u.s.n. stamp on the tunic,but nope,they cheaped out and gave us the marine tunic that every ww-2 marine collector already has a bunch of. i wouldve rathered a navy tunic then that weird chest rig that no corpman in his right mind would wear. hell i work on a rescue and i cant imagine ever wearing some dorky thing like that :knock

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'm definitely picking this up.

I agree, though, that I'd have preferred a more typical corpsman gear layout-- particularly the corpsman bag and a hospital corpsman knife and sheath, or even a set of proper navy unit 3 pouches. And when is DML going to upgrade those plastic boondockers?? I hope the stretcher is a new version and not the old folding airborne version we got with Doc Peterson.

BTW: photos of a single Navy beach battalion Corpsman wearing this paratrooper medical pack at Tarawa are fairly common in books about Tarawa. I don't think there are images of this used in combat anywhere else, though. Here's a link to one image (scroll down a bit):

http://home.att.net/~corpsman/field_equipment_of_a_wwii_corpsm.htm

1 - 11 of 11 Posts