One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

This is my first post, and I'm an absolute 1/6 newbie.

I just purchased my first model: a Phicen S02A (2015) SS body and a Kimi Toys KT005 head. They're about to arrive by mail, so I'd like to ask those questions every newbie has in mind:

1) I know there are bodies out there with the HT005 head and Phicen SS bodies, but I've also been reading that for some bodies you have to further drill the head hole in order for the headsculpt to fit. Is it the case with a Phicen SS+KT005 combo? Anybody here has one of such combos? How was your experience?

2) How hard can/should you press the body into the headsculpt? Will it damage either? I'm specially afraid to damage/tore the skin of the doll

Many thanks for any advice!

Hugo

·
Registered
481 Posts
yes i would recommend trying lighter attempts before u enter into the permanent world. Sometimes larger heads work better on phicen bodies, proportionately. I scooped out the connector on my babydoll head only to realize, meh its a little too small for phicen bodies anyway. Ya seeeee how it is

G

·
I don't know which steel frame I have, its one with separate feet, but Im pretty certain they're all the same, skeleton wise. KT0005 fits fine without mods on a steel frame body. I've had her on the muscle body and the non muscle

The ones with internal sockets inside the head can easily be modified, just geta stock of spare sockets from onesixthkit, and chop the top off before inserting inside the head (you may need a dremel to remove the old socket from the head)

In fact, the only heads that Ive had a problem with, due to their construction, are the heads that come with the phicen plastic frame figures. Much modding to get them to fit a stele to my satisfaction.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Many Thanks Andy (and all),

The doll actually just arrived!

I'm still at the office, but as soon as I get home I'll experiment and get back to you with some pics.

The head looks gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous, and if it perfectly matches the body, the combo will look stunning.

I'm an amateur photographer, so I'll be doing some essays as soon as I set things up.

Thanks again for all the help.

Best,

Hugo

·
Lurker Extraordinaire
324 Posts
Many Thanks Andy (and all),
The head looks gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous, and if it perfectly matches the body, the combo will look stunning.
It is and it does. I have this same combo standing on my desk at home right now (and the head fits on the neck post with no modification required- just press it on firmly and it will go).

There were sine pictures posted in the Mature Audiences section a few months ago (by Phantom, I believe) that really show off how amazing this combo can look, if you're not offended by a little tasteful scale nudity.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I have a S09C and a S01A Phicen body and they work perfectly with Kimi heads KT004 & KT005. A little tight to put on (recommend heating them up a little). The color matched pretty good, I would say 90% +.

·
Registered
545 Posts

·
248 Posts
Welcome to the forum Hugo... I am fairly new, just joined this Jan 2016.. I don't consider myself a collector but i have bought quite a few Phicen in this short time.. I think i need to stop thou.. I started with Phicen which i won on eBay.

Phicen PLLB2014-S09 set
Phicen PLMB2014-S02 set
Phicen PLLB2014-S05 set
Jiaoudol POM Seamless Female body + Phicen S07 head sculpt
Phicen PLLB2015-S06B body + VeryCool 'Viper' Head Sculpt
Phicen PLLB2015-S06B body + PlayToy PT-H004 head sculpt

Pre-order:
Phicen Limited Red Sonja
Phicen PL2015-M31 + HeadPlay Dean Winchester head sculpt (head arrived)

and a bunch of clothes and accessories.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts