One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings…

I've been lurking here for a while now, so I thought it was time I jumped in and said 'gidday'. I'm truly astounded at the 1/6 scale skills on show here!

I'm based in Brisbane, Australia. My area of interest specifically revolves around vintage Action Man (the British equivalent of G I JOE). In addition to customising and kit-bashing the 1/6 scale figures, I also design and scratch-build mock retail packaging to compliment each figure. My rationale has been to create an 'alternate' vintage Action Man line, with a uniquely 1970's feel. Where possible, I like to scratch-build at least some of the weapons and accessories included in each project.

I've posted some photographs below that better illustrate what I have tried to achieve with each project. The photographs are a random selection from my projects to date (I hope they display OK!)

For those interested, I have a blog at:

http://krakajac.blogspot.com/

My website contains additional photographs and an explanation of each project. I've completed six projects to date, with an additional four projects currently in production.

Looking forward to 'chatting' with others on the forum!

Cheers,
Craig.

·
King Geek and OSW Admin
9,329 Posts
Wow, your work is really fantastic! Highly creative and very cool!

And the classic look of the original Action Man stuff just never gets old for me. (I guess 'cause I was once a collector of the old 60's and 70's stuff.)

And the packaging had me fooled until I fully read your post! I thought it was all the real deal! Great work!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for your comments, GrenadierStinny (just had a look at your website - great stuff!). I agree with you about the timeless 'look' of vintage Action Man/G I Joe figures. In my opinion, they have never been bettered.

And the packaging had me fooled until I fully read your post!

Cheers :) As much as I love customising/kitbashing the figures, the design of the retail packaging is perhaps what I enjoy most.

Thanks to ActionMan (greak nickname!) and Broadshore for your comments as well!

Cheers,
Craig.

·
Who loves ya baby!
7,037 Posts
Welcome aboard OSW! I just bought my first ActionMan set, Escape From Colditz and love it! (i have tons of GI Joe figs but this is my first AM set!) Great pics and awesome figures, cant wait to see what else you have in store for us! Keep up the great work and have fun!! :thumb
-mike-

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
"I just bought my first ActionMan set, Escape From Colditz and love it!"

I hear you, Iron Mike...that's a great set to own...I would love one myself! I've got the loose Colditz Escape Officer figure with uniform/accessories on show in my display cabinet. Thanks for your comments regarding my projects!

Cheers,
Craig.

·
Who loves ya baby!
7,037 Posts
Thanks Craig! Yea it is a great set to own and i have had a lot of fun with it, ive never had an action man set so this was a really great treat for myself i bought when it came out recently. Its great that the sets were reproduced, its one of the coolest Action Man sets ever and im glad to have been able to get one as the originals are extremely rare.
Great work on your projects Craig, these look incredibly fun and creative and you have a great imagination and eye for detail. Nice one :thumb
-mike-

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.