One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
KUSA Kustomizer
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NEW IMAGES: DC Direct's The Dark Knight 13" Batman and 13" Joker Deluxe Figures

Check out the full story with photos HERE!

The Dark Knight 13" Batman (below) looks pretty good, though only time will tell if Takara or another high-end manufacturer will make a better 12" figure based on the film. For $75, I'm beyond impressed with this version right now...

·
KUSA Kustomizer
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'm guessing sometime before the film's release as most toys are released just prior to the film/video game release -

Late April/early May is my guess, though it's best to check the retailers for more precise info -

·
Kitbash MacGyver
1,002 Posts
The Bats and Joker figures look outstanding. When I first saw the Joker up for preorder at one of the e-tailer's sites I thought they'd just used a photo of Ledger in costume to advertise it...but danged if it isn't a photo of the figure itself. Prototype or not...looks absolutely great. I can't wait for these. BTW, hearing early July as release date for the figs. Thanks for sharing Jess.

·
Kitbash MacGyver
1,002 Posts
Yer right cipan80...I've never quite understood the reasoning behind going the 13" route. I'd much rather have these in 1/6 scale, but as good as these figs look I suppose I'll have to settle for the size increase. Every time I look at the Joker fig I get more hyped.

·
1:6 film/scifi/historical
11,540 Posts
got my DC Direct batman today, bit disappointed for the cash, has the possibility of a brick. The fist sculpts are way too small and the bendy hands keep falling off! The armour is nice but seriously restricts movement and also makes him look like one of those cheap wrestler figures. The grappling gun is nicely detailed and the batarangs are done in a realistic scale but the pneumatic mangler just looks like an arm brace unfortunately. If you want a good figure of the dark knight save up for the Takara version, much better or if you just want a nice background dark knight figure but don't want to empty your wallet, pick up the Mattel version; just my opinion. Can any one let me know how the DC Direct joker has turned out? I hope it's better than the batman version. Cheers.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Saw the DC DIRECT Dark Knight Batman figure with that new suit... Was really tempted to get it but I think the one from Hot Toys will be better as they never disappoint me.. I must add though that the new suit on the DC DIRECT figure looks really good... Either way, I think I will skip this one and wait for the Hot Toys version..

·
Registered
24 Posts
while the Joker figure is passable, my god, the Batman figure looks horrendous:

until Takara show their offerings, it's Hot Toys all the way, in my opinion.

(I know this DCD figure is of the new TDK suit, but Hot Toys seem to have done such a fantastic job of the Begins suit from TDK, that their figure of the actual TDK will probably be superb)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts