One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
BBi Fanboy
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a loose HT black ballcap. I'm not sure which figure it comes from, but I believe it's from one of the recent sniper sets. Anyways, I was very disappointed with the shape and fit of the cap. I have one of the OD ball caps from the DEVGRU figure, as well as the cap from the original PMC. Both fit well, especially the DEVGRU cap. IMHO, that one looks and fits the best, better in some cases than my ACE caps. This new HT cap looks and fits something like the cap from BBi's Raider. It appears to be made of a thicker fabric than the old DEVGRU cap, and fits very loosely, even when fully tightened. This was using "full headed" figures, like Douglas Caldwell and Barney.

Did I just get a poor quality sample, or is this typical of the latest batch of HT caps?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Its typical of the latest batch of HT caps.

I got the same caps too from the sniper sets and i think its a bad fit too...You are right, it looks like BBI raider cap.

Generally, i think there is a decline in HT quality.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
To be fair, HT makes their ball caps according to the headsculpts that the item comes with. I noticed that the black ball cap released with HT PMC 07 fits just that particular HS and looks huge on other HS without that much moulded hair.
________
WEB SHOWS

·
Banned
4,284 Posts
Are we talking about baseball caps or black "winter" hat? ACE makes the best baseball hats hands down. ACE black baseball cap that came with HT PMC 07 is on a larger side and is made to fit over the boxed figure head - it looks rather large on heads with less moulded hair. It's not a bad cap by all means, but you won't be able to use it on all hats...

Alexei

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I use fabri-tac on those just-dont-fit-right caps...smear a little bit inside and then mold it down onto the figures head so it stays put and doesn't, say, stick out on one side or in the back and look like "an oversized doll hat resting on a guys head".

·
BBi Fanboy
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I use fabri-tac on those just-dont-fit-right caps...smear a little bit inside and then mold it down onto the figures head so it stays put and doesn't, say, stick out on one side or in the back and look like "an oversized doll hat resting on a guys head".
In my case, probably wouldn't work. I use BBi G1 figures almost exclusively, and their heads are usually on the smaller side. I think I'll just toss this cap in the spares bin an stick to ACE.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
My favorite ball cap is the bbi version that came with Korean War pilot Bud Mahurin, with second place going to DML's cap issued w/ SFSD SRT Officer David Wong. The bills are the long style, and the cut of the hat is pretty accurate.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.