One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, this is my first post so I figured I would introduce myself and show you what I've been working on at the same time.

My name is Sam, I'm 19 and I live in Silver Spring, MD. I've never had any 1/6 figures until about a month ago, when I purchased a 12" Dragon Chris Redfield figure. Up until then I had only collected regular action figures. I immediately fell in love with the amount of detail and how easy it would be for me to make toys that have never been made before, so I started researching.

Two weeks ago I started ordering parts, and most of them came into my moms house over the weekend. I went to pick them up, and immediately starting working on things.

The first figure I am working on is called Hunk, and he is a special agent from the Umbrella company:

The parts I got at first were these:

I dyed his suit, and then got a few more parts in today. Here he is next to my Chris figure:

I was supposed to at least get his gas mask, but the person I ordered from forgot to ship it (he is now, so no worries). I'm hoping to have Hunk done before the new year.

The next project is Jill Valentine:

I haven't gotten very far, but I cut the hair of the CY girl I bought and started sewing her clothes. I don't have a sewing machine, so I left her and her clothes at my parents house for now. Here is the only picture I have of her hair:

My other project (and the craziest one) is the 18" Nemesis figure I am working on:

I just finished extending all of the limbs, and I am going to start widening the body tomorrow. After that I will sculpt and paint him, then start working on his clothes. Thanks for looking! Also, if anyone has any suggestions for good places to buy parts or any info sites please let me know!

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Welcome aboard Brokenteef! I do enjoy how heartily you have leaped into 1/6 with your projects and I wish you all the best of luck. I think you'll make a great addition to the OSW, as your projects and do it yourself canniness are certainly a breath of fresh air.

And welcome aboard as well Isis, please enjoy your stay.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks everyone, I should have some more progress pics up soon (also with a good camera, I used my cellphone for those...)

I ordered a few more pieces (that I won't be able to make myself), and will try to get the rest of Jills outfit finished when I go back to my parents on Friday.

Solid Snake said:
Very cool! I envy you and your Rock Band Goodness by the way :(
Haha thanks, but I still can't beat the last song on Expert :(
I added you on Live though! :thumb

·
Space Monkey
2,315 Posts
Great intro brokenteef, I look forward to seeing the Nemesis. I grew up nextdoor in Bethesda, but had to get as far away as possible after graduation.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.