One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Unabashed 5.11 Junky
3,866 Posts
Both are pretty tough to come by nowadays... especially retail. I think you might have to go looking on "ePay".

·
Registered
597 Posts
royasave33 said:
hey guys im new here and need help trying to find hot toys hicks and vasquez if any one has and idea where to go besides ebay that wouldbe great thanks
Welcome to OSW, I"m sure you'll love the forum. I'm afraid these gentlemen are right, More than likely you'll have to pay more then 200 dollars for HIcks, but should have better luck with finding Vasquez

·
Registered
220 Posts
yeah going rate for Hicks this holiday season is $300. Vasquez average price is $125-200 range.

You've got to remember, you're always going to pay more after the fact for the nicer movie figures, especially anything branded ALIENS, PREDATOR, and TERMINATOR, as they appeal to the broader collecting world and not just 1/6-ers.

Hicks was an instant sell-out, and by far the most popular of the ALIENS figures.

the ALIENS marines were ones I was going to pre-order, but I just couldn't afford it at the time. Now they are all impossible to find and way too expensive. Hopefully they will be reissued (yeah right) as i really can't justify spending that much on Hicks or any of the marines. I'm still kicking myself for skipping out on these and 1984 TERMINATOR figures.

The rule of thumb for Hot Toys is always "buy now, or pay later"

I'm really holding my hundreds of dollars of Hot Toys money in reserve for DUTCH and PREDATOR from PREDATOR 1, the 1979 version of ALIEN, and a Nostromo space-suit figure, but i'm not holding my breath.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Usmcrtop said:
Loose is cheaper too
this is very true... but i'll forwarn everyone that loose, while you save some $$$, is a lot cheaper usually to ship as well, you just really have to watch out with eBay. Some people just don't know how to ship fragile figures like Hot Toys Aliens, or other fragile figures correctly.

I recently bought some ZMDC KUSA sci-fi 1/6th figures loose which were perfect in the picture, but when they showed up at my house, they were in a box that was way too small, and had a handful of shredded paper at the bottom for packing! the guy totally just threw a handful of paper in and then dumped the huge, detailed, fragile figures into a box, didnt even try to pretend to pack it for international shipment. that's it man. it was ridiculouoso... they arrived in pieces. one of the feet even came off, boot and all, and the corner of the armor ate through the box, and the foot and various other pieces went bye-bye. one was a clear limited edition of 200 (i guess 199 now!). i never ever see that version for sale, now i guess i'll have to buy him again!

so while it may stink to pay $50 for s/h sometimes, remember to buy from those with a good rep. it makes the difference in the long run...

·
In the bush..........Nam baby!
3,190 Posts
I see a couple Hicks figures available on EBay for $1199 (Toyshome B2 in Hong Kong) and $1500 (Sideshow Outlet in Rochester, NY).

Maybe I should take another look at the Hicks figure holding down the right side of my Marines Through the Ages display. Maybe he's made out of 14K gold.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts