One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

· wave man TDY staff
41,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jaime posted this link on FB, which features a new WW2 Japanese soldier from the Shantou City Chenghai Pattiz Toys Factory, which has been building up their level of quality in onesix military figures, for the last few years - PATTIZ ???1/6 ???????? ????????-??????? - Powered by Discuz!

If this figure is anything like shown in these pics, it is like the equivalent to the old DML 'SOLDAT' concept. I hope this comes to fruition, and of a proper quality.

-----

· in-the-closet lesbian
4,341 Posts
Whoa! they are developing real fast! new body too! they went from Barbie style ken bodies to PTE level then to 21st century level to Very Hot level and now this!

just hope they are still keeping their prices at the bargain level :)

· Registered
810 Posts
Great looking set!
The HMG alone makes this worth getting.
Even though one can't help but notice lots of these recent Japanese sets are more focused on the pre-WWII era Sino-Japanese War in mainland China.
But overall the gear and weapons are useful for later WWII Pacific and China/Burma/India theater bash subjects. Just switch into tropical uniform so no problem there.

Good start, hopefully soon we'll see a Type 96 or 99 LMG, and a Type 99 Arisaka short rifle which are all in short supply nowadays.:gimme

· in-the-closet lesbian
4,341 Posts
On the BBICN forum they said there is also a Chinese soldier coming soon so it seems they are gonna make a line of figures from this era.

The rest of the comments there are mostly political (sensitive subject there, mostly along the lines of "if you buy a Jap soldier you are not a true Chinese patriot") or nit-picky ("why does he have a grenade launcher? and where is the grenade bag to go with it?"). So basically like Sideshow Freaks lol

· wave man TDY staff
41,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
On the BBICN forum they said there is also a Chinese soldier coming soon so it seems they are gonna make a line of figures from this era.
That's promising, particularly if they really detail the soldier. I hope this would be one of the units that had the non-blue uniform, tho that would be all right too. There's so many nice bits they could issue, but a Marlin United Defense M42 would be wonderful ( a guy can dream). Again, some winter issue clothing would be a seller for me, too.

· in-the-closet lesbian
4,341 Posts

That's promising, particularly if they really detail the soldier. I hope this would be one of the units that had the non-blue uniform, tho that would be all right too. There's so many nice bits they could issue, but a Marlin United Defense M42 would be wonderful ( a guy can dream). Again, some winter issue clothing would be a seller for me, too.
For sure.

The Chinese soldier might be a buy for me as I have a nice little collection of Chinese soldier figures and weapons so would make a good addition, especially if the price stays low (on BBICN the price is stated to be between 400 and 500 yuan)

· wave man TDY staff
41,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Indeed, this and the War Story machine gunner seem to indicate a "thaw" in the lack of WW2 Japanese figures since the bbi and DiD releases. Of late, only finding those, and doing builds based on BattleGear Toys gear were options. The Chinese military figures will hopefully be more available in the US than earlier releases were. The Soldier Story stuff seemed to get bought up, understandably, in Asia. The "railroad guerrilla" was released here, but was a bit weak, having the track section, rather than issue or captured uniform and weapon options.

The icing on the cake would be some sets done by Alert Line and Toys City.

· volunteercontentprovider
2,832 Posts
Had this on Pre-order at Monkey Depot with the War Story figure. MD just contacted me and is applying the full deposit amount to the War Story figure and shipping it. This Kadhobby or Pattiz figure seems to have disappeared.
That's a real shame. It looks like a great set of gear. Personally, I was hoping to pick up a few of the uniforms to use on NVA troops.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.