One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.

I have been lurking here for a long time and have loved all the amazing figures that appear on show. So wanted to hopefully join in on your fun. I just thought I would show you some of the custom head sculpts I have been working on and the clothes that I have been making.

This place is a fantastic forum and I wanted to see if my stuff would be of interest to any of you. currently I am working my way through making all 8 classic Doctor Who actors likenesses and also a few of the supporting chracters but I am going to be breaking off and doing othe rhead sculpts that might be of interest too. This weekend I am going to start a Lost series of sculpts starting with John Locke and Charlie. So will keep you posted on that.

Anyway. Here are a few images of the stuff I have been working on.

Firstly is a full 1/6th johnny Depp. All the clothes here are custom made. My Mum is a retired profesional seamstress so is a whizz with her sewing, She can make just about anything. the head sculpt is by the fantastic Ada Chan. I just added the hair to make him more as he is now then painted it up.

Next after this first attempt at a 1/6th figure I thought I would have a go at my own. So i made this one of the 7th doctor who Sylvester McCoy. Everything you see is hand made. I sculpted the head from sculpy then cast it in resin.

A few friends saw this and then asked for other doctor Who characters so I then did Tom Baker. the definitive doctor for me. I havnt done a body or costume for this one.

Another friend then asked me for a Captain Jack Harkness. So here is the finished result. again sculpted from scratch and cast in resin.

Hope you dont mind me posting these here. If its in the wrong place then a mod can freely move them to the right place.

Anyway. I plan on updating here regularly with new head sculpts I do and am more than willing to hear your suggestions as who you all might like to see next.

I dont want to step on anyones toes that has already done certain characters as I know the likes of Reggie has done some AMAZING head sculpts and his stuff is astounding. So I hope that I can do ones that havnt been done before. Hence me doing the Lost characters next.

I dont plan on charging for initial sculpts as Its a great fun hobby and I do it for the love of doing them. the only thing I charge for of you want a head I do is the cost of casting and postage and packaging. Though If anyone wants a head painting too I can do that also.

Just email or message me if you want anything.

all the best and thanks for looking.

Dean :D

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
First of all, Welcome Aboard!

And secondly, thanks for sharing your excellent customs, no need to knock yourself, as your sculpts are absolutely brilliant :thumb
I've tried my hand at sculpting likenesses and I found it quite difficult so your work is quite fantastic to me. I also envy your having resin casting under your belt as I've not yet attempted it.

I only know the two latest Doctors and I love the show. Tennant's energy and enthusiasm are really fun to watch.
Careful with that lovely offer though, lest you may be swamped with overwhelming messages soon ;) Glad to have you onboard!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers Saiko for the warm welcome.

Never thought about casting really till I started getting people wanting copies of the heads. Pretty much picked it up quite quickly. No problems so far apart from a few airbubbles here and there. nothing a bit of filler cant fix :D

glad you like the new series of Doctor who. David Tennant is going to be a hard act to follow when he decides to leave. Roll on season 4 in a month or so. :D

·
Jawa
1,593 Posts
Wow, those headsculpts look fantastic! They look like you've been sculpting them forever. I can't wait to see what your Lost headsculpts will look like. Keep it up! :clap

·
Registered
773 Posts
Welcome aboard. Your work is fantastic. Thanks for sharing.
Who's the girl next to Johnny? She looks great as well.
The Lost project sounds very interesting to me. I own a Yunjin Kim head and I'm thinking of turning her into the Sun Kwon character.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
WOW and WELCOME! That's some top-notch work...post more!:clap
Welcome! That is truly some AMAZING work!
cheers Buddy.

Wow, those headsculpts look fantastic! They look like you've been sculpting them forever. I can't wait to see what your Lost headsculpts will look like. Keep it up! :clap
I have been doing customs for a while but mainly in the 5 inch range based on the Character Options 5 inch doctor who range. Only just decided to break out to the 1/6th size :D

Welcome aboard, and those are some fabulous works. :thumb
Thanks.

Welcome aboard. Your work is fantastic. Thanks for sharing.
Who's the girl next to Johnny? She looks great as well.
The Lost project sounds very interesting to me. I own a Yunjin Kim head and I'm thinking of turning her into the Sun Kwon character.
the girl figure stood with Johnny is the character options Martha jones figure. she is by far one of the best figures in the range very well articulated and a good likeness too. all I did on that was change her jacket. But its a great figure.

I am really looking forward to doing some of the characters from Lost. I will be tackling charlie and Locke this weekend, Probably Followed by Jack. I would love to do a Hurley as he is my favorite character but I guess finding a figure base for him would be a problem LOL.

Dean :D

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
Some really nice stuff there!

Your Mum should do commissions, she's got some real talent, as have you. As far as Dr Who goes, I haven't seen a proper Chris Ecclestone yet and it's high time we saw a Rose. The rest of the Torchwood gang wouldn't go amiss either and neither too would a figure of the Brigadeer.

Keep 'em coming

CHEERS!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cool. Yes thats a great Idea. The other Torchwood members would all make good heads. Owen especially has quite a unique shape to his features.

The Brigadier is on my list of jobs to do. Had a couple of requests for him already. I am a member of the Doctor Who forum and they have quite a cool Customs toy section. so I have been getting lots of Ideas from there. I have thought of doing an original Eccleston Sculpt too. A few people have used the Large walkie Talkie head but I would love to tackle him at some point too.

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
Back in the days of Garage Kits, there used to be a guy called JayDee that did some superb Dr Who stuff. I painted up a Sylvester McCoy bust he did as a present for a friend and it looked amazing. Nobody is as good at Dr Who stuff as Andrew Teal though, he did the Product Enterprise stuff and the sculpts for that Airfix kit that came out recently. The little David and Martha you get with that are incredible.

I've always thought the BBI Apache Pilot would make a good Captain Jack

CHEERS!

·
I got you "covered" ! (OSW Staff)
5,758 Posts
Indeed...WELCOME TO THE OSW. As a "MOD". I will tell you as long as PRICES are not listed in this, GENERAL DISCUSSION page your thread is ok. You may want to post again in the CUSTOM /HAND CRAFTED section. where you CAN list prices. You may also copy the link and then put it in your thread in GENERAL as a link to the pricing..

again, GREAT WORK, and WELCOME.

·
Registered
10 Posts
That's some great looking work by both of you.

I only recognize the Jack character from Torchwood (really, the Tosh chick is the shining point in that show, for me lol), as I'm not a Dr Who fan. But the workmanship is unquestionable.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Welcome to the board. Your figures look just too cool!!! They have some real attitude going. I love your custom hair, paint jobs and the great outfits your Mum tailored for them. Looking forward to seeing more of your customs in the future.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts