One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked this up, $25 bucks Canadian. At Walmart.
Pretty awesome for customizing!!!
(please excuse the dark pic's) (oh, and the lack of a trooper on the bike, just unpacked it!)
It is just shy of 24 inches long! Can't go wrong for the price!

Attachments

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the flaps over the exhaust ports even raise and lower. The figure is fodder , like the rest of the line, but scale wise, I am happy!

·
1:6 film/scifi/historical
11,540 Posts
Looks smaller than the original ones but still nice! (I have three) , I plan to turn one of mine into a snow version but need some Biker Scout parts, any chance you could sell me the rider if you're not going to use him? Cheers!

·
11,540 Posts
Just realised you're in Canada! Probably not an option then, I wonder if they sell the Scout separately?

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
Looks promising! Doctor Evil is obviously enjoying that bike, but can the Biker Scout himself even ride it -- did Hasbro actually give him bendable knees? With the Hasbro Poe Dameron on the new Speeder Bike he could sit completely straightlegged (awkward though it looked), but that's not the case with the Scout here on the vintage Speeder Bike design.

·
11,540 Posts
I am going to have to look for one.

The pictures are doing the small crushed thing again.
Yeah but if you click on them they still open properly although why members seem to have suddenly loss the faculties to just copy and paste from a site like Imgur, Photobucket, Flicker etc.. I don't know and it's starting to really annoy me!

Looks promising! Doctor Evil is obviously enjoying that bike, but can the Biker Scout himself even ride it -- did Hasbro actually give him bendable knees? With the Hasbro Poe Dameron on the new Speeder Bike he could sit completely straightlegged (awkward though it looked), but that's not the case with the Scout here on the vintage Speeder Bike design.
Good point!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have been waiting for this to hit stores, but unlikely I will see it in the wild in UK...

what is the plastic used like???? flimsy or not???
Seems sturdy enough, but still a little flex. Not like the walkers if you managed to get one of those...

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sadly, only the 5 point figure, no bendy knees.
But there is lots of customizing possible, so not too bad!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just realised you're in Canada! Probably not an option then, I wonder if they sell the Scout separately?
I haven't seen a scout separately yet, but then, I hadn't seen a speeder bike either! So maybe......

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorry about the pic's, I barely "computer" so I don't use any image sites. Should probably do it at some point, I have shelves and shelves of customs that I would like to show sometime....

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
Sadly, only the 5 point figure, no bendy knees.
But there is lots of customizing possible, so not too bad!
Wow -- I know it's all too easy to beat up on these 5 PoA figures, we're not the "target market," etc etc -- but I think even a 14-year old kid is gonna be frustrated with a figure that can't sit on its own bike.

·
DO NOT READ THIS SENTENCE
2,235 Posts
Is that black tube attached or just there to hold it up??

Looks like a solid base for a custom, pretty cool :)

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
Looks smaller than the original ones but still nice! (I have three) , I plan to turn one of mine into a snow version but need some Biker Scout parts, any chance you could sell me the rider if you're not going to use him? Cheers!
Did you end up with 3 of the original Speeder Bikes and yet no Biker Scouts? I guess you got those 3 Bikes with Leia versions or as loose bikes? Or do you just need extra Scout parts?

In any case, AFAIK the new Biker Scout hasn't been sold separately. Did the UK stores get the Stormtrooper Assault Walkers and the Poe Dameron Speeder Bike? If so you'll probably also get this Biker Scout/Bike in due course and probably cheaper than chasing a loose figure through EBay.

But if you're just looking for Biker Scout parts I have a very left-field suggestion for you to look at. The Gentle Giant Star Wars 12" figures never get our attention because their faces are soft and the paint apps are primitive (deliberately, to be "retro"). However these concerns do not apply to the Biker Scout who is helmeted, and only b/w. He is very slightly oversized, 12.5" tall, so quite possibly the armor parts might go over a normal TT body. The other reason people stay away from the Gentle Giants is that they're crazy expensive (sold as "art" I guess), but you can get lucky as I found my Biker Scout for $15.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Is that black tube attached or just there to hold it up??

Looks like a solid base for a custom, pretty cool :)
I just put the tube there to hold it up until I find a proper base/stand for it.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts