One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
retired firefighter
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you think any of the big name makers,hot toys,TS, bbi will ever come out with modern day allied figures? Italians,Polish,and all the other allies who have helped us so far in the war on terrorism

·
Intercept,Engage,Destroy
5,195 Posts
do you think any of the big name makers,hot toys,TS, bbi will ever come out with modern day allied figures? Italians,Polish,and all the other allies who have helped us so far in the war on terrorism
Hot Toys did some Brit HALOS about 7 years ago, and I hope they'll return to doing some other allied modern figures someday? I for one would love to see Soviet, French and Brit aviators to add to my pilot collection! ;) :thumb

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
I thought SASR Barney was a winner for them o_O He seemed to go quickly, but I would concur that US-particularly anything SOFish and hi-speed goes quicker.

Amusingly, there's the chance that if you make a killer total custom and scratch foreign/unmade figure, [eg ACU, MC] the big boys are soon on your heels--so get to it! :p

A shame that BBi has gone off the radar mostly, save for something every now and then, their 03/04 stuff was top of the line.
Too bad they don't perceive it as a money maker, I'd settle for rereleases of their best stuff - Bishop [cut his uniform a little baggier and put him on a g3.5! --hey, I can dream can't I?]] Bobcat, Renegade, Trident to name a few.

·
Combat Evolved
1,305 Posts
Has HT ever made any foreign military besides those Brit HALO guys. I think if they did it the would sell, especially British. I would love to see a HT SAS, SBS or SASR or German special forces ( I forget the name). I think it would definitely be on another level to the foreign military figures that were offered in the past.

·
Français par le sang vers
798 Posts
I think HT reserach library are full of US SF stuff and that explains the tendecy to release mostly US figures..

·
Running from explosions
2,315 Posts
I think if HT did a foriegn figure it would sell out, everything else they make does.

The BBI Barney figure is great, but I still see it a lot at e-tailers along with the two French figures, the British figure, and the Russian figure. It is weird because the other two Aussies they did are impossible to find.

·
firefighterUK
7,029 Posts
I think if some manufacturer such as Hot Toys, Soldier Story etc..did a decent British soldier it would more than likely be a winner. The reason (in my opinion) that recent modern British Soldier releases didn't fly off the shelves is simply because they where pretty poor and the recent releases sales are not a good indicator of wether a good quality figure from one of the top manufacturers would sell. Even so, the parts from these figures still sell seperatley quite well to the kitbashers. Probably because its all we have!!

·
sits in a loose parts box
7,448 Posts
Toy Soldier had supposedly a KSK Figure in the planning.

·
1:6 puppy
985 Posts
everyone wants cannuks...and french legionares from the 60s.and just try to find british green DPM pants. i think our only hope may be folks like saturdays toys and toy soldier doing uniform sets.pity.i dont even get me started on aviators and astronauts(remember that petition?).guess we just have to be patient and hope the supreme plastic beings throw us something.

·
Français par le sang vers
798 Posts
These are one of threads that always seemed to escape the attention of the manufacturers, i guess at the end of the day, business decisions rules..

·
i draw pictures.....
2,045 Posts

·
Running from explosions
2,315 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.