One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Seen this on the Hobby Masters Collector site. Hobby Master 1/6 Legend Series Figures, Col. C.E. Bud Anderson American "Triple Ace" Fighter Pilot WWII

Hobby Master (HM) 1/6 Legend Series. HM normally produce 1/72 and 1/48 scale military pre-built vehicles and aircraft. It now appears the have a 1/6 line. To me HM produce some good detailed and unique products and quite often have an historical link.

There are two figures one with a personally autographed name plate the other without.

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
Re: New Figure: WWII Fighter Pilot, Col C.E Bud ANDERSON, Triple Ace,

Good news indeed... can always use more famous aviators!

Good and accurate looking headsculpt. Like how youthful it looks... it's easy to forget that most of these guys were only in their early 20's.

Thanx for putting this up Auzziedigger!

If you haven't read it, his book "To Fly and Fight" is a GREAT read http://www.cebudanderson.com/ch1.htm

Maybe we can hope for a Chuck Yeager or a Bob Hoover next!

·
Intercept,Engage,Destroy
5,195 Posts

Holy Toledo, that's freakin awesome! How did I get caught off-guard by
this? I collect a lot of Hobby Masters 1/72, 1/48 and 1/32nd die cast warbirds
too! This is certainly a new diversion from Hobby Masters! :thumb

Anyway, thank for the heads up, and oh yeah this one is SOLD!

Hello,

Seen this on the Hobby Masters Collector site. Hobby Master 1/6 Legend Series Figures, Col. C.E. Bud Anderson American "Triple Ace" Fighter Pilot WWII

Hobby Master (HM) 1/6 Legend Series. HM normally produce 1/72 and 1/48 scale military pre-built vehicles and aircraft. It now appears the have a 1/6 line. To me HM produce some good detailed and unique products and quite often have an historical link.

There are two figures one with a personally autographed name plate the other without.

·
Intercept,Engage,Destroy
5,195 Posts

Hmmm, after carefully examining the photos it appears that this might be fashioned
off of DiD's William Bowman, USAAF 8th Air Force bomber pilot? But hey, I'll still buy it with
the autographed edition by ACE Pilot 'Bud' Anderson!

·
Intercept,Engage,Destroy
5,195 Posts

Good news indeed... can always use more famous aviators!

Good and accurate looking headsculpt. Like how youthful it looks... it's easy to forget that most of these guys were only in their early 20's.

Thanx for putting this up Auzziedigger!

If you haven't read it, his book "To Fly and Fight" is a GREAT read http://www.cebudanderson.com/ch1.htm

Maybe we can hope for a Chuck Yeager or a Bob Hoover next!
Excellent read - "To Fly and Fight"! Would be nice to see a Chuck Yeager
and Bob Hoover headsulpts, but I want them both in their Test Pilot getup when
they were testing the Bell X-1 during the historic "Breaking the Sound Barrier"
as depicted in the movie "The Right Stuff". Bob Hoover was the 'chase pilot' in
that event, btw.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Re: Hobby Master 1/6 Bud Anderson

JOHNNYE4:

In case you missed it, you can see more photos by clicking on the numbers "HF0001" or "HF0002".
Then you can click on each individual photo to see an enlarged photo.

·
Intercept,Engage,Destroy
5,195 Posts

Just found out from another forum that DID and Hobby Master may have collaborated
on the release of this figure set. That explains why this figure is sporting the same flight
helmet, goggles, O2 mask, Mae West life preserver, seat type parachute and uniforms. Too
bad the shoes and gloves are molded rubber pieces, which reminds me of the 21st CT P-51
Mustang fighter pilot released 14 years ago! I hope HM isn't charging premium price for this
figure or it will be a bust!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts

this is most welcome news. But why is it in the Loose Bits (off topic) section ?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Whoa! Is this for real? I've never heard of this company. But if it's true, This is awesome news!!!

Anybody have any more info on this company or any idea what the next figures in their 1/6 line will be?

·
Intercept,Engage,Destroy
5,195 Posts
Whoa! Is this for real? I've never heard of this company. But if it's true, This is awesome news!!!

Anybody have any more info on this company or any idea what the next figures in their 1/6 line will be?
HOBBY MASTER COLLECTOR

Well, Hobby Master has been in business since 2004 and they have produced
toolings for Dragon(DML) Models: WARBIRDS Series line up of WWII and Modern Jet
Fighters in die cast metal. DML started marketing their die cast airplanes since
about year 2003-ish to compete with CORGI Models at that time if I recall correctly.

Hobby Master's new venture to 1/6th Man Dolls is probably to diversify and capitalize
on this niche market, but their first efforts may stifle, crash and burn if they do not
adhere to the current high end quality standards in releasing products in order
to be competitive with other more established 1/6th manufacturers out there. I
hope they are reading this thread.

·
Registered
151 Posts

Hmmm, after carefully examining the photos it appears that this might be fashioned
off of DiD's William Bowman, USAAF 8th Air Force bomber pilot? But hey, I'll still buy it with
the autographed edition by ACE Pilot 'Bud' Anderson!
don´t think so, for me it looks a little bit different. helmet looks different, DID use other kind of lift a dot on the bowman chute and holster, the goggles are smaller then the did version, the 1911 is no DID mold and look at the plastic shoes. sure small details but iam sure this is no william bowman rehash. btw bowmann came with a other leather jacket and a ike jaket.

·
Intercept,Engage,Destroy
5,195 Posts
Pretty sure the O2 mask and goggles are of the same mold from Bowman's kit, and
the helmet is definitely tailored different. Overall, the flight helmet, goggles and O2 mask
are seriously inaccurately rendered with obvious discrepancies and lacking details, and one
that the manufacturers still have difficulties in capturing the look of the 1:1 A-11 flight helmet,
AN-6530 goggles and A-14 Oxygen mask. Wish they would contact me as I can provide them
the real McCoys for reference.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Looks like a mashed up version of the RAF C type flying helmet if you ask me, shame no one has ever bothered to make a proper RAf Pilot from 1941 onwards

·
Registered
112 Posts
From another forum:

unsigned--$159.95
signed--$189.95

That's a lot of $$$ for a figure with so little kit. And plastic shoes???? Come on...You wanna charge premium prices, then provide a better product instead of jacking up the prices to go along with the Jones'. William Bowman was only $89 a couple of years ago...

Tough pill to swallow and I don't know if I'll be picking this one up

·
Registered
299 Posts
My sentiments exactly, A, if your going to yo do a leather flying helmet at least make it out of leather, B, make it accurate and C, make a RAF pilot

·
Registered
112 Posts
Joe really brings up some good points regarding the accuracy (or inaccuracy) of the helmet. Man, it's just bad. The earphones, mask color, etc. And Joe, you're right, if this is your first man-doll out of the gate, it better be of good quality and it better be accurate if you want to charge that type of price.

You can still find William Bowman, under $100, and he comes with "leather" shoes, and a big honkin' .50cal with an ammo belt. Look at the Soldier Story figures on monkeydepot and how much "stuff" they come with for $20-30 cheaper. Caltek's RAF pilot was $115....wtf Hobbymaster????

At this point, if quality and price aren't adjusted, I'm passing on this one which is a shame because I'm an aviation junkie like many of y'all in this thread.

Which also makes me wonder if licensing fees are inflating the price big time.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts