One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
this may be a majour sell out for DML if the price is aroud £20-£25
Sorry mate but the prices of single DML figures is ment to go up to around £60 when sold in the UK (according to certain sources :(), but if you do order him from the US then the price wont rise so that is your best bet.

But this is also a cyber-rob me figure so arent they even more expensive than their regular releases?

·
Part-Time Action Hero
1,762 Posts
That's an odd looking German...

Oh wait! Is that---? Holy s#$%!

Dragon made a US figure!

·
Inspector 12
3,419 Posts
Those cloth BAR belts are much needed and good BARs are also a bit scare, but otherwise this looks to be a rehash of old gear. I hope there are some nice goodies hidden by the overcoat.

This figure looks almost exactly like my very first WWII bash, a tribute figure of my wife's grandfather. This being a CH release means fewer retailers will be able to part these out, but surely there will be a fair amount. Those loose BAR belts draw $25+ on ebay.

This is the bash I referenced... its a few years old and a bit basic.

Attachments

·
Registered
476 Posts
£60 in the UK are you taking the piss i get my DML figures from a shop in my town called worlds apart for around £20 - £30 and have been for almost 4 years, they sell alkinds from action figures to statues to replica props
I sh*t you not, it's what i've been hearing anyway on the 'grapevine' but IDK if it's only certain shops or all of them, but the distributers say that DML have bumped up the price on future releases....

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
The 106th was placed in the Schnee Eifel, and about 5 days later got hit hard by the Germans in the opening of the Ardennes offensive. Fresh to Europe and with a lot of young, inexperienced troops, they lost two regiments (422nd and 423rd) cut off, with heavy casualties and many prisoners taken. The 424th fought it's way out, and served with the 7th AD.
Everybody had it rough in the Ardennes, but the 106th really took a beating.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Forgive me for cotinuing to beat DML's dead carcass, but I would have been excited about this figure 3 to 4 years ago. I would have been all over this one, despite the fact that I already own DML's Jeb, Wiley and Garrett White figures. The cold weather gear would have really appealed to me. Sadly, my interest in WWII figures has waned due to (stop me if you have heard this!) DML's preference for producing mostly German figures. Oh sure, every now and then DML throws us a bone with an occassional allied figure. Those figures however, have been largely underwhelming. (Two MP's?) :confused: The last DML WWII figure I bought was Kenneth Laird. That figure had some good new gear (M1 carbine with a working bolt!) and the subject was not a German! Releases like that however, are few and far between. Combine this with the rise of DID, and you are left with two kinds of collectors in my position with regard to Dragon: 1.)the wait-and-see attitude. 2.)downright apathy. I am afraid that I fall into the latter category. It is sad really. 21st Century and Dragon got me into this hobby in the first place. It is disappointing because I have seen the great things that DML can accomplish when they try. They seem satisfied with the status quo. Oh well. Things change, I guess.

·
Kitbash MacGyver
1,002 Posts
The 106th was placed in the Schnee Eifel, and about 5 days later got hit hard by the Germans in the opening of the Ardennes offensive. Fresh to Europe and with a lot of young, inexperienced troops, they lost two regiments (422nd and 423rd) cut off, with heavy casualties and many prisoners taken. The 424th fought it's way out, and served with the 7th AD.
Everybody had it rough in the Ardennes, but the 106th really took a beating.
All too true PD...remember...our boys would be home by Christmas?...unfortunately not. Add to the mix crack SS troops and the recipe isn't a good one. I'll probably be picking this one up as well.....sigh.....I'm a sucker for this stuff.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Perfectly understandable, 502bravo. The "glass half full" side of this figure may be for guys who missed the classics you already have.....the C-H factor notwithstanding. A few years ago, most of the goodies on this guy would've had us scrambling. The boots look like they might be the ones that came with the SOLDAT2, and have shown up on other "leg" figures, tho Newline and DiD have both set a higher bar with real boots. The wool coat, pouches and suspenders, and BAR are still pretty enticing. Wonder if this guy will have a neo3 body?

Yeah dura, he does have some potential. He's a BAR gunner! That weakens a lot our wills right there. Fixed up right, he might give JT's figure a decent run.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Guys,

I find it very interesting that for many of us, especially Vietnam afficiandos, our first thought upon seeing this figure/post was....the BAR belt!

Maybe if Dragon tried a Vietnam figure with equipment such as this they might realize there is, in fact, a market out there for Vietnam figures....or perhaps a better marketing strategy would be to release a figure, probably German, who, after the war, took advantage of the Lodge Act, joined the U.S. military -- most likely Special Forces -- and was ultimately sent to Vietnam. That might be one way for Dragon to bridge the Word War II/German - Vietnam divide!

Regards to all

Jack

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.