One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Inspector 12
3,419 Posts
I just looked at the link, and he comes with 2 weapons and a mess tin. Hopefully, on their next one, they make a M1928 Haversack for him.
Didn't think paratroopers carried the haversack. They typically carried the M1938 Musette Bag. Its hard to get a haversack and parachute on at the same time. I checked the link and the M1A1 carbine is not correct. It has a bayonet lug and those lugs were not put onto M1/M1A1 carbines until after the war.

I am trying to figure out what this pouch is. If not for the double LTD closures, it would be a Thompson/M3 magazine bag. I have never seen one with two snaps, but that is not to say they didn't exist. I checked my "Bible" for WWII gear, US Army Eurpoean Theater of Operations Collector's Guide, and couldn't find an example of this bag configuration.

DiD really produces some quality stuff, but its the little things that really nag at you. Thankfully, the M1A1 carbine is not as scarce as it once was. Also, that M1A1 carbine scabbard is very welcome.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Didn't think paratroopers carried the haversack. They typically carried the M1938 Musette Bag. Its hard to get a haversack and parachute on at the same time. I checked the link and the M1A1 carbine is not correct. It has a bayonet lug and those lugs were not put onto M1/M1A1 carbines until after the war.

I am trying to figure out what this pouch is. If not for the double LTD closures, it would be a Thompson/M3 magazine bag. I have never seen one with two snaps, but that is not to say they didn't exist. I checked my "Bible" for WWII gear, US Army Eurpoean Theater of Operations Collector's Guide, and couldn't find an example of this bag configuration.

DiD really produces some quality stuff, but its the little things that really nag at you. Thankfully, the M1A1 carbine is not as scarce as it once was. Also, that M1A1 carbine scabbard is very welcome.
JTFazz,

That bag did exist. It was a rigger made item, not a "normal" issue item, meant for Thompson mags and/or Grease Gun mags. I've seen it in a few pics. If you recall, BBI's first US Paratrooper Bud Norris had this bag too.

-JOSH

·
Likes little people
1,617 Posts
with the proper head, this could easily be turned into General Ridgeway- he wore a painted helmet just like that )albeit with 2 stars on the front)

·
Inspector 12
3,419 Posts
JTFazz,

That bag did exist. It was a rigger made item, not a "normal" issue item, meant for Thompson mags and/or Grease Gun mags. I've seen it in a few pics. If you recall, BBI's first US Paratrooper Bud Norris had this bag too.

-JOSH
Great, thanks, Josh. Like I said, it didn't know that it didn't exist, just that I had never seen it. I have to remember that there were a lot of neat rigger-made items out there.

I never had a Bud Norris in hand. When that was out, I was focused on Modern stuff.

Its interesting that a year ago, we were all clammoring for more M42 jump suits... now there are plenty out there... thanks to DiD and NLM.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
This figure will be a great base for the Operation Market-Garden 504th PIR figure I've been wanting to bash! :jump4joy

Dunno why they included a "mae west" life preserver and personally I would have preferred an embroidered SSI like the ones from previous figures - on the upside I really like the headsculpt and they did get the colour of the leg ties right for an 82nd AB reinforced jump suit. He actually has ammo pouches to match his weapons too! :thumb

·
Ain't it Cool?
2,655 Posts
Very nice looking figure. The M1942 Parachutist uniform really stands out. Personally, I am really happy to see the M3. It came out in 1943 and the pouch for it (as Josh has stated) was made by the unit Riggers. Other other thing I notice with this figure is the level of weathering on the equipment items and weapons. Very nice indeed.

·
i draw pictures.....
2,045 Posts
Great!!!.. An m1A1 carbine carry bag...that's something none of the companies have put out...except for three zero's years ago...and that one kinda suck!
Great fig. DID!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.