One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
NM156
826 Posts
I agree I think those prices are insane for what you get. Besides when did Casshern become female? I have only seen the movie and anime and I think it was a he. Not familiar with the other one but it too looks cheap.

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Lol, unless there's a remake/spin-off Casshern I'm not aware of, they turned the male lead into a girl. Nice take on the subject, though, Takara style.

The prices are pretty dang high though, like Grizzerr noted. Don't know if the licenses were expensive to get, but at this rate, IMHO they should just rerelease Luna at a [much] better price, she'd sell quickly I think.

·
In case of emergency....
1,997 Posts
I'm kind of glad that I'm over Cy Girls. This steady climb towards the $200 USD price point is well beyond what I could justify spending on them.

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
They certainly don't justify the price, to my mind, these are no better than the ones I got before I came here. They were about £30 each and worth that. Those prices are insane!

CHEERS!

·
The Plastic Castaway
1,493 Posts
I've badmouthed Takara a bit for what they've turned this line into and it's nice to know it wasn't for no reason. I just don't get it. Sideshow, Hot Toys, and Medicom all have better licenses and they manage to sell their figures cheaper than this.

I know, I know....it's because they make less figures right? Well, maybe they should make more instead of gouging people for twice what the figure is even worth. If Hot Toys said "We're going to make half of our normal runs and now these guys cost $250 each." there'd be VERY few people who would buy them still. It's pretty ridiculous in my opinion.

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
At the beginning of the decade we would've raved about this, paid £30 - £40 and been happy. Times have changed, and so it seems have prices and Japanese sanity. Step away from the saki and have a good look at what you're doing!

CHEERS!

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I guess there are more 1/6 collectors in the world than few years ago, people are willing to pay the price. I remember Medicom and Cy Girls, were once cheap as chips on ebay. Now crappy custom sets on ebay fetch for high $$s!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.