One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I purchased a Zartan body thinking how "buff" he looks when you look at the arms. Well, I was right about the arms but the rest of the figure is really lame. I am now in the market for a new body so I can swap the arms and, hopefully, end up with a body "Capt. America" would be proud of.
Does anybody know of a body that has a great chest and back that can accept the Zartan arms ? I've been looking and so far the best figures already have good arms. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I think swapping arms is going to be hard... at least would require some carving/sanding to make them fit another body's sockets. You may be better off going with a totally different body.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input. I was almost ready to look for a better figure to work with but, I hate to give up. I found a buff body ( i think it was a "Cap. America ) but it had no real detail to it. I really got excited when I opened it up and found that the size of the arms were right on. Unfortunately, the connector post on Caps arm are flat and the ones on Zartan are round. Also,
Zartans arms are held in place by the 2 body halves and Caps have a separate unit held together by very tiny screws.
Once I got the arms off of the bodies, all I had to do was some careful sanding and Dremel work and the job was done.
As soon as I figure out how to use this camera, I'll post some pictures.
Now I am on to my next project. Upgrading a "Snakeeyes" . Does anyone know how to remove the hands from a "GI Joe" figure without ripping the arm off ? I think this will be almost as difficult as "Cap" was.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts