One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nothing to do with military except maybe in a galaxy far far away.

I have been seing pics of a new set of Star Wars figures in 1/6 scale. Luke, Boba Fett and a Strom Trooper.
I have only seen them being sold in a set for about $90. Has anyone seen just the Boba Fett for sale anywhere.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Yep, I bought a Boba Fett at Wallmart for about $30.
I didn't see The Stormtrooper there but saw one at Toys R US.
They where also available on the KB Toys web site awhile ago.

Action HQ has all of them available for preorder. Of coarse they're more expensive and you have to pay for shipping from Hong Kong.
Here's the link if your interested:
Action HQ 12" Star Wars figures preorder

·
Web Research Junkie
1,598 Posts
The Boba Fett is a pretty damn good buy. In some ways it surpasses the Marmit Fett, but only in a few. I bought one about 2 weeks ago and am very pleased. I also have the marmit Fett for comparison as well as the Hasbro Jango. This is definitely worth your time and money. My only 2 complaints about the fig is the weapon is a copy of the old crappy Kenner/ Hasbro Fett Blaster ( very low detail ) and the helmet is the head ( as in not removable such as the Hasbro Jango. But the good side to this is the fact that he does not have the bobble head syndrome that Jango has.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Be careful though. There are 2 versions of the new Boba Fetts out there.

One's in blue/purple jumpsuit, another's in grey jumpsuit.

Rumor is, Hasbro had a bunch of blue/purple jumpsuits leftover from Jango, so the first wave of the new Boba Fetts has Jango's blue/purple jumpsuits. I saw this the other day, it looks horrible (IMO)! Later, they release the "correct" grey jumpsuit that Boba suppose to have. I bought one of those from Target for $30 aswell.

Anyway, this site has all the pictures.

http://www.galactichunter.com/absoluteig/gallery.asp?categoryid=3408

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Theres about 10 years between each one of these versions. So at this rate we can expect a bang on version in about oh, say 2070.
:sadshake
Or you can get the Marmit version on epay.

If I remember right Gentle Giant will be bringing out 1:6 Helmets this fall. Thatll help.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Then perhaps it's the fabric that was leftover from Jango. Either way, if you're buying a new Boba, make sure you find the grey jumpsuit one, because the blue/purple one looks just aweful!

·
Registered
11 Posts
There are two versions of Boba Fetts costume. The ESB suit had a blue jumpsuit, the ROTJ had the grey. However Hasbro didn't take it all the way. There should also be variations in the color of the armor and jetpack. Either way I'll stick with my Marmit Fett and troopers. Hasbro has already gotten way too much of my money for the junk they put out.

·
Rogue Spear World Champ
557 Posts
Anyone have pictures of the Marmit Boba?

·
Registered
31 Posts
The Hasbro Boba Fett is really worth the money IMHO. I picked one up at my local ToysRUs for 29.99..Very nice price when compaired to the Marmit version.
The figues hands are molded and seem to be inserted into tne forearm as one piec with the wrist controls. They have articulation/rotation. The hands themselves are molded and are not the ugly articulated hands found of previous GI Joe figures and the new Luke.. The uniform is very well made and with a little tissue in the pockets bulks up quite nicely. For a mass produced piece the weathering looks very nice as well. This figure has no problems standing on the shelf under its own power. I'll agree that the blaster is the biggest let down of this set but with a little paint and weathering it should look just fine. The jet pack is another piece that has a little to be desired. It is one piece of vinyl type plastic with no articulated parts but realy looks good when attached..All in all if you pass this one up you may regret it.With exceptions given to the Marmit versions,This is the best one made to date IMHO..
They had the new Stormtrooper also. Looks equally impressive and also looks like the best one made by Hasbro to date..Would love to see a camparison of the Marmit and new Hasbro version..Hope this helps...

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
This is my customized Fett. The ankle cuffs have since been resewn for a tighter fit.
Double click the (View full image) and it should change. If not go to my last post. Went with the
'ROTJ' look. Rust guantlets, brown gloves.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
I understand DeanO's frustration, but being a ESB guy, I'm really happy with the choice of colors... ;) :)

The green on the gloves instead of gray, the tan boots instead of gray I can live with...

Not comparing it to the Marmit Fett, but to previous Hasbro Fett's, this one is awesome! I really like it. Too bad they reused the crappy Blaster, but I've been planning to build one anyway. Having not found a British Webly flare gun, I'm thinking of using the German Flare pistol, the ones commonly used w/ Falschrimjagers... that should be close...

The floppy Stalks a drag, but I'm pleasantly surprised w/ the helmet painting! Overall, the solid vest/armor plates, something I normally hate, isn't as rigid as the Marmit Fett.

I've long been planning a Super-Detailed Fett, using the Marmit Fett as a base. A cloth vest, w/ seperate armor plates is a must. A DML body, but now, I may use this one as the base.

A friend in Japan has been working on super-detailed 1/6th Fett boots, as well as a scale leather ammo belt. When that's ready, I can then swap out the body to a DML one.

While this helmet is large enough to suit me, the lack of a neck I find disturbing... ;)

I'm looking quite forward to the Gentle Giant helmets!

take care all,

-Rex

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.