One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
High Speed Recon Mech
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Attn OSW Admins, if this is posted in the wrong place, please forgive and move to where it should be. This is something that came up in working with the City of Fort Thomas in conjunction with the show we are doing with them in November 2008, and I suggested we conduct this "Peoples' Poll" to see what they think about this.

Thanks much in advance.

The City of Fort Thomas Kentucky Renaissance Board has asked that we conduct a poll, regarding their possibly producing an exclusive figure of Paul W. Tibbets. Tibbets was inducted at the Ft. Thomas Military Reservation during WW2.

The figure will be a depiction of Paul W. Tibbets as he was when he flew the B-29 Enola Gay to drop the first atomic bomb. The Tibbets family has given their blessing on this project, and every effort will be taken to produce as accurate a figure as possible of this remarkable and quite humble hero.

Legacy of Valor would produce the figure for the City of Fort Thomas Renaissance Board. This figure will have the same level of articulation and the fine historical detail and quality found in the male Legacy of Valor figures, such as their "Battleship Row Crewman" and "Sgt. Alvin York".

Please take the time to use this link to view their figure line:

http://legacyofvalor.com/collectables.html

The projected retail price of this boxed figure set is $25 USD with only 5000 units produced. All profits will go to help the City of Fort Thomas establish a new Military Museum on the grounds of the old Ft. Thomas Military Reservation with a special dedication to Paul W. Tibbets.

We look forward to your interest, thoughts and input on this project, and please share them in this thread.

·
Enjoying the View
1,136 Posts
I'd buy it. I've always wanted a B-29 pilot figure.

·
High Speed Recon Mech
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is some data directly from Legacy of Valor, about the nature of their latest body designs and what you can expect from them. This is what the Paul W. Tibbets figure will be built on, with a headsculpt made to look like him.

Hence, what I have from LOV ...

In response to your below inquiries and requests about our new male figure I have the following:

Our female stands 11.25" tall and our new male 11.5" tall. The neck and upper and lower torsos are molded in ABS. All appendages are in PVC. Their 14 points of articulation are virtually identical as is their anatomical approach of stylized realism. As with the female we took great care in tweaking proportions like neck length and diameter so that our figures wear clothing correctly. Also a majority of the figures available today simply have incorrect anatomy - muscle groups and proportions are simply not real. We studied several sources and spent a great deal of time getting the anatomy correct. Last time I checked the history books we have here the men serving our country during WWI and WWII didn't look like Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Regarding the neck plug, most competitive heads aren't going to fit on our neck because our neck diameter is smaller. If you look at the attached York imagery, you will see that his collar actually closes correctly around the front of his neck. His jaw line sits just above the top edge of his collar, the way a real standing collar fits. Also, the waist and chest are smaller, another area where a majority of products are not in accordance with correct human scale. Most figures don't allow for a fitted WWI era tunic.

We never set out to develop a figure to equal those made by manufacturers like Dragon. That's not our business. If you want state-of-the-art articulation, Dragon does a great job. Our figures are intended to be anatomically correct, wear clothing as close to real as possible and support a balance of pose function and the economics of museum and national park service site gift shops.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I'd be happy to answer whatever I can.

Go with me on this one folks, this figure will NOT be a Hasbro rebuilt figure nor is it based on any other company's design. Keep in mind when he says "14 points of articulation", he is talking in terms of "head, neck, shoulders, elbows, waist, hips, knees, ankles", but there are some "subpoints of articulation" in many of those major points, so look at the photos closely.

Stay tuned to this thread for more details.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.