One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
BBi Fanboy
2,210 Posts
I saw a set of the new ABU at a costume rental warehouse. It had name tapes and a MP armband. It has more of a blue/gray slant compared to ACU. It's hard to imagine just where that pattern would blend in, at least the colors that I saw.

·
Registered
926 Posts
hqpham said:
It looks like it would be a good urban camo..I'd like to do a CCT or PJ myself with this camo
Hi hqpham, he's not a PJ, but I think you will be happy to seeing this. :thumb

Master Sgt Chris Thompson, chief joint terminal attack controller instructor at Fort Carson, Colo., deployed to the 704th Expeditionary Support Squadron at Al Udeid Air Base, Qatar, communicates via the remotely operated video enhanced receiver on Sept. 21, 2007.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
thanks Chan...that ABU mixes really well with ACU from that pic...JTAC works for me...it's a combat specialty so it's good to see it is plausible for the ABU to be used in the field. :)

·
Scratchbuilder
Action Figures
11,275 Posts
What the heck with up with all of these Grey BDUs. Haven't they learned anything from the ACU Problems. As in, Hi I'm gray with greenish looking colors "Shoot Me". Sorry guys, not a big fan for Grey looking BDU's.

·
Registered
601 Posts
The moment I saw the uniform I said to myself "follow the money". With the verdict now out that the ACU is a bust, to then see the Air Force come out with their new Fall selection of what amounts to the same just makes me wonder what's up behind this. Sumpin' ain't right is all I gotta say. Again, all I gotta say is follow the money. I'll stop right there.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
irish70 said:
any validity to rumors of the army doing away with acus in the near future?
Future Force Warrior Program is using multicam along with some other test patterns but that is just a technologies test program I think so I am not sure Army will adopt multicam or any other before 2010/14, which is the year some of the technologies the program is testing is expected into service.

http://www.natick.army.mil/soldier/wsit/

·
Unabashed 5.11 Junky
3,866 Posts
TheNelsonParadigm said:
It's my understanding that it is intended to be a service uniform, not a tactical one, so a PJ would still wear the appropriate camo (woodland, ACU, DCU)
It's a tactical uniform.Airman Battle Uniform. Not only do we have photos of PJs wearing the test version in New Orleans during the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, but the final version in use in the sandbox.

·
AKA Silent G
637 Posts
tpa05 said:
The moment I saw the uniform I said to myself "follow the money". With the verdict now out that the ACU is a bust, to then see the Air Force come out with their new Fall selection of what amounts to the same just makes me wonder what's up behind this. Sumpin' ain't right is all I gotta say. Again, all I gotta say is follow the money. I'll stop right there.
I'll give you the money trail part, as with anything that is gear for the military, but as for "The verdict" being out... where exactly is this conclusive verdict you speak of? Some people like it, some don't, there is no conclusive verdict that the uniform is a bust until the DOD comes out with a press release that says "Ooops, guess we were wrong about that whole ACU thing."

Anyway, as for the ABUs, at a distance they look no different than ACUs, so they really don't aid in that whole force identification theory, but they do look neat and both uniforms work to an extent, which the Army has stated SEVERAL times that they aren't meant to be perfect for any ONE specific environment.

So who is coming out with them in 1/6th first?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Broadshore said:
What the heck with up with all of these Grey BDUs. Haven't they learned anything from the ACU Problems. As in, Hi I'm gray with greenish looking colors "Shoot Me". Sorry guys, not a big fan for Grey looking BDU's.
ya your right, they would never last in a suburban area or a jungle, region

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.