One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Furious Genius
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read about this on the Ma.K ZbV3000 forum, then did a little research on my own. The artist who designed the original SF3D/Ma.K models from his illustrations and sketches, Kow Yokoyama, has linked up with Toys McCoy to develope a whole new 1:6 SAFS (super armored fighting suit).

The model features an opening cockpit, cowling and hatches are hindged and a there is a fully detailed interior, there are LED's on the control monitor, exterior lights, and laser, it's all built on a die cast frame work so it's HEAVY (6Kg. or about 13lbs!), height is 45cm (almost 18 inches tall). The model is made from a combination of materials but most is urethane plastic. This is the same resin material that resin hs, weapons and model kits are made.

The attached photos are from an article on the development (it's taken a few years). Details on price and release date are TBD but it looks like HLJ (Hobby Link Japan) will carry it, as will Amazon.com Japan. I would guess the price will be high considering the Toys McCoy connection, the complexity of the model and materials involved. I'd also guess that the model will be something along the lines of the recent HT releases of ED-209 and the power loader from Aliens, that is fully painted and assembled.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
I saw those picture in one of the Japanese toy magazines a couple of months ago but couldn't find any information on them ( there are times I wish I could read Japanese). Thanks for the info FG.
Between this and the 1/6th scopedog there are gonna be some kewl armored suits coming out soon.

Paul

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
I've dreamed of this happening someday, but I'm already clenching just thinking about the price. My wallet just skittered off my desk and hid under my filing cabinet.

·
Furious Genius
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's one of those models that will be hard to resist like papa-alpha says, "regardless of price". The Ma.K forum speculates that the price will be in the $800 range. I really don't know what that's based upon other than speculation. A die cast frame work, yeah, I can see $800. Of course if Toys McCoy is reading this I'd much rather pay say $300. Heck, I'd buy two. I can dream, can't I?

I haven't found much about it but got a nice response to my inquiry from HLJ, saying how it's still in development but that they will stock it. Amazon.com in Japan popped up in a google search, they have it listed as: "Mr.K MASHINENKURIGA 1 / 6 scale SAFS (TOIZUMAKKOI) (tentative)" and a button to press to be alerted by email when it becomes available. One reason that makes me believe it's not long off. The "Mashinenduriga" is just a Japanese phoenetic pronunciation of "Maschinen Krieger". Not sure what "Toizumakkoi" means but is probably some variation of Ma.K.

It's such a beauty of a model that I doubt it will be around for very long unless it's priced completely prohibitively, like over $1,000. Would mean divorce for me.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Thanks, FG! Fan-friggin-tastic! I'm putting away for this one now....Can't wait for more intel...

re: (TOIZUMAKKOI) its "Toys McCoy" phoneticized....

I bet that $800 figure come from the Liquid Stone Studio Nue powersuit that was produced a few years ago. Sold at one of the Japanese Toy shows for the equivalent of US$700. Website's now gone but I have pics around somewhere...

Attachments

·
Devils and Dust
2,040 Posts
Oh yeah! Keeping my eyes and wallet open for this one. Hopefully it comes to fruition!!

These are what I always envisioned a Mobile Infantry suit from Starship Troopers, to look like.

The suit I have is about worthless now. Too many pieces missing or broken after years of moving and kids.

·
Furious Genius
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks, FG! Fan-friggin-tastic! I'm putting away for this one now....Can't wait for more intel...

re: (TOIZUMAKKOI) its "Toys McCoy" phoneticized....

I bet that $800 figure come from the Liquid Stone Studio Nue powersuit that was produced a few years ago. Sold at one of the Japanese Toy shows for the equivalent of US$700. Website's now gone but I have pics around somewhere...
Oh, duh, I should have been able to figure that out! Thanks etmcneal. I read about that powersuit but never saw one. Looks nice but would have been too rich for my blood.

I''ve been working on an open cockpit SAFS for a couple of weeks now. I've been kicking around the idea for a few years but was reluctant to cut up a vinyl suit. I got a couple of Kow's books recently and was inspired by some illustrations of open cockpit Fireballs and just decided to jump in and start cutting. It's all torn apart now and just as I'm a scouring for more details about the interior details, cowling hidges, etc. this news and photos of an open cockpit SAFS coming on the market provides the information I need. I'm going ahead with it because, number one, I'm 80% there and, number two, I've got a sinking feeling I won't be able to afford the new kit anyway. I don't have any children to sell for medical experiments and I don't think I've got enough blood in me to raise the cash through the Blood Bank. I'll post some WIP photos soon.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
:fit The pain , make it stop...... this is sooo sick . I am a huge fan of Kow's work , have most of his books. Let's hope we will see more 1/6 offerings of his designs.... possibly some SAFS pilots for the $$$$ minded collector. But there is always organ donation for the 1/6 suit :b

·
Furious Genius
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
:fit The pain , make it stop...... this is sooo sick . I am a huge fan of Kow's work , have most of his books. Let's hope we will see more 1/6 offerings of his designs.... possibly some SAFS pilots for the $$$$ minded collector. But there is always organ donation for the 1/6 suit :b
That's right! I do have that spare kidney just lying around. Hmm, and do I really need ten fingers?

·
Ol`timey!
482 Posts
Yow! I`ve heard about these but have never seen these photos before...That original style suit is killer!

I`ve got the small scale version, but a 1/6 one would be amazing...:cheers

Thanks for the photos!

·
Furious Genius
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yow! I`ve heard about these but have never seen these photos before...That original style suit is killer!

I`ve got the small scale version, but a 1/6 one would be amazing...:cheers

Thanks for the photos!
There are a few split open cockpit resin kits kicking around in 1/16. Hard to find but worthy kits done by a company called Silicon Tribe a few years back. You can find them for a price on eBay but beware of recasts. SnakeEye is a real beauty, considered to be the Holy Graile of the Ma.K world. It really is a little more attainable than that.

Kow Yokoyama's own rotocast 1:35 fully assembled and painted models released through Hobby Base have open hatch versions as well as closed hatches (some models come with separate hatches to leave you the option). These are not split but just have the hatch open. You can pick up whole armies of SAFS, Mel's and Gladiators pretty cheaply (especially the first two which are discontinued). The Gladiator is very cool, a kind of four-legged crab mech with a SAFS Mk. 1 cockpit as part of the design. There's also a 1/20th resin kit of this that's hard to find the original of, again beware recasts. The 1:35 set comes with two SAFS Mk. 1's, one open hatch and one closed.

·
Ol`timey!
482 Posts
There are a few split open cockpit resin kits kicking around in 1/16. Hard to find but worthy kits done by a company called Silicon Tribe a few years back. You can find them for a price on eBay but beware of recasts. SnakeEye is a real beauty, considered to be the Holy Graile of the Ma.K world. It really is a little more attainable than that.

Kow Yokoyama's own rotocast 1:35 fully assembled and painted models released through Hobby Base have open hatch versions as well as closed hatches (some models come with separate hatches to leave you the option). These are not split but just have the hatch open. You can pick up whole armies of SAFS, Mel's and Gladiators pretty cheaply (especially the first two which are discontinued). The Gladiator is very cool, a kind of four-legged crab mech with a SAFS Mk. 1 cockpit as part of the design. There's also a 1/20th resin kit of this that's hard to find the original of, again beware recasts. The 1:35 set comes with two SAFS Mk. 1's, one open hatch and one closed.
Oh, I`ve got a bunch of the smaller scale models...have been a fan of Kow for many years. I`ve got a little army of the 1:35 suits!

But I`d never seen a photo of that Mk.I suit in 1:6....

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.