Cowboy Black Boots with Spurs
Double-Barreled Shotgun
Red Bullets x 2
Pocket Watch and Gold Chain
Body with Hands X 2
PREORDER ENDS 2017 Aug 28
ESTIMATED ARRIVAL 2017 Sep
Controllo di sicurezza richiesto
Hat Sleeve Fedora Beard Sun hat Outerwear Hat Beard Sleeve Fedora Hat Fedora Sleeve Poster Sun hat Suit trousers Sleeve Beard Hat Collar Hat Buccaneer Beard Sun hat Headgear Musical instrument Hat Musician Fedora Guitar accessory Beard Performing arts Music Music artist Entertainment Sleeve Waist Gesture Street fashion Thigh Shoe Boot Human leg Font Drinkware Sleeve Hat Font Blazer Formal wear

Attachments

·
God Bless America
1,529 Posts
VERY NICE! How much and where can I get one!? :hyper

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
I have the same reaction to this and to their simultaneous Clint Eastwood: nice sculpts and nice gear but the lack of a separate hat is an absolute deal breaker. I know there's a whole second hat-head but it looks like one piece; and that won't do at all. He's got to be able to carry a hat, have it being shot off his head, etc. Cowboy hat is central to a western figure. And I couldn't use some hat from another figure because it wouldn't match the sculpt that has him wearing it. The figure should have a half-head with the hat removable; or a second separate hat. Doesn't look like that's the case and to me it's a fatal flaw.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I have the same reaction to this and to their simultaneous Clint Eastwood: nice sculpts and nice gear but the lack of a separate hat is an absolute deal breaker. I know there's a whole second hat-head but it looks like one piece; and that won't do at all. He's got to be able to carry a hat, have it being shot off his head, etc. Cowboy hat is central to a western figure. And I couldn't use some hat from another figure because it wouldn't match the sculpt that has him wearing it. The figure should have a half-head with the hat removable; or a second separate hat. Doesn't look like that's the case and to me it's a fatal flaw.
Take another look at the 4th to last picture: http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/for...ible-figure-deputy-town-marshal-cowboy-07-jpg

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
Absolutely right, thanks. I was led astray because of how they list it as one unit (Head Sculpt with Hat X 1), the hat not being included in the gear picture, and the fact there is no picture of the hat unworn by the Clint Eastwood figure (which I had looked at more closely, though I posted my comment here). I missed the evidence of pic 07.

·
Registered
5,849 Posts
Sculpts like this dont look good with removable hats due to the hairstyle of the character. The removable hat would look out of scale....i wonder if theyll do Ringo, butch and sundance, etc..

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
Sculpts like this dont look good with removable hats due to the hairstyle of the character. The removable hat would look out of scale....i wonder if theyll do Ringo, butch and sundance, etc..
No, ZombieKev is right -- they do have removable hats, and they look fine. The way to do it is to do a separate headsculpt where the lower part of the hairstyle is intact but the upper part of the head is just a bald peg for the hat. The issue I raised on which ZombieKev correctly corrected me is that in fact one picture does establish the hat is a separate piece from the hat-supporting-head, where I had feared the hat might be one piece with the head.

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
Is this a copy of the Cult King Deputy Town Marshal?
Yup, what a kick in the pants.
It's kind of harsh and maybe defamatory to condemn the Redman as a copy of the Cult King when they're both "copying" the one same screen-accurate source original. I don't think there's anything particularly eccentric about either figure that necessarily concludes Redman ripped off Cult King as opposed to just seeing the same movie, is there?

·
Registered
5,849 Posts
No, ZombieKev is right -- they do have removable hats, and they look fine. The way to do it is to do a separate headsculpt where the lower part of the hairstyle is intact but the upper part of the head is just a bald peg for the hat. The issue I raised on which ZombieKev correctly corrected me is that in fact one picture does establish the hat is a separate piece from the hat-supporting-head, where I had feared the hat might be one piece with the head.
you missed my point. anyways. In this case it come with 2 sculpts. and you get what you want.

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
you missed my point. anyways. In this case it come with 2 sculpts. and you get what you want.
Respectfully no, I got your point, you missed mine. Obviously, it has 2 sculpts, that's front and center in the product description we can read. So my question was whether the hatted sculpt is all one single piece, or in two separate parts so that you can also use the hat as a carrying prop. ZombieKev was more attentive than me and found a picture showing the hat used separately as a hand prop. Having a "permanently hatted" second sculpt wouldn't be as good.

Products include:
DX Head Sculpt X 1
Head Sculpt with Hat X 1
View attachment 377843

·
Registered
5,849 Posts
IN some of their earlier releases, they have 2 nobs sticking out the top of the heads and matching holes in their hats. I kinda liked what they did. 1 sculpt with the option to use the hat or hairpiece. in this case they went the route of 2 sculpts. BTW BOTH of these sculpts and the suits have been sold on ebay for some time. The seller must be either redman toys or someone connected with them.

The sculpts look to be rescasts of cult king. I wont go into "THAT ISSUE", but it would have been nice to see them release sculpts with a different expression.. such as..

Tie Hat Fedora Headgear Art

Hopefully, we get Ringo!!!

·
Registered
545 Posts
It's kind of harsh and maybe defamatory to condemn the Redman as a copy of the Cult King when they're both "copying" the one same screen-accurate source original. I don't think there's anything particularly eccentric about either figure that necessarily concludes Redman ripped off Cult King as opposed to just seeing the same movie, is there?
I'm not trying to parse words here. It's clear that Redman is copying Cult King's work. Familiarize yourself with the original, and you'll see it's a recast.

This is not a case of them basing it off the same source material.

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
I'm not trying to parse words here. It's clear that Redman is copying Cult King's work. Familiarize yourself with the original, and you'll see it's a recast.

This is not a case of them basing it off the same source material.
Fair enough. I thought maybe your post sounded like a more serious accusation that maybe you meant to make, so I urged caution. Turns out you did intend to make a full blown accusation -- fair enough, you have every right to do that, and you may well be right. But remember there's a bunch of "between" possibilities, like maybe being influenced by the earlier figure, but well short of a recast. Personally I'd never declare something a recast unless I had examined both in hand but maybe I'm overscrupulous. And I don't know why you think I'm not familiar with the Cult King, which I am, though admittedly just from pictures (there were only 100 units made).

·
Registered
565 Posts
@swedishheat did you have a chance to see the redman's version in real before stating such accusations...? Otherwise I think it needs a bit more evidence than just you being "familiar" to cult king's figure...

·
Registered
5,849 Posts
Based on their previous releases (the good the bad, and the ugly, daniel palinview, etc...)
Its not hard to see why someones would assume they are recasting others sculpts.
Redman has released their own original sculpts (eg:Josey whales) so we know they got peeps on board capable of doing it, but have often gone the route of recasting other works. Possibly not to pay the sculpting fees??

Their clothes are great!

IN the case of their other new release, eastwood Driffter, it doesnt look like they copied cult kings Driffter sculpt, but it DOES look very similiar to another cult king sculpt, the Good.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts