One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Cobra Infantry Commander
3,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MIVI 1/6 Scale Mr.M Uncle McDonald's Love On Delivery 2.0 Action Figure | eBay

has anyone else seen this? it's not joker McDonald or anything other than the real Ronald. looks pretty good, but 135$ is a tad high. i would get him if he was like 90, maybe... having said that i kinda want him. speaking of which...the colonel would be a welcome sight if we are going to have fast food icons in 1/6.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
McCreepy......shudder

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Bozo was cool, but Ronald MacDonald provides more 1/6 opportunities because there are vintage MacDonalds opportunities in 1/6. Barbie did several playsets that can be worked with, and so did others in the doll world -- for instance Lanchonete Brazil in the 80's. I combined some of those originally for a photoset I did with Leonidas saying "Tonight we dine in hell, even worse, McDonalds in hell" and with Hellboy and Purgatori as the staff, and Cerberus tied outside. Could have used this guy at the time. I've got a little 1/6 franchise subset collection going mostly with banks-usable-as-statues of the KFC colonel, the Big Boy burger franchise, Mr. Clean; and I made a bashed Burger King using the head from a Food Premium. None cost me real money like this guy -- still I'd be tempted.

·
Cobra Infantry Commander
3,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bozo was cool, but Ronald MacDonald provides more 1/6 opportunities because there are vintage MacDonalds opportunities in 1/6. Barbie did several playsets that can be worked with, and so did others in the doll world -- for instance Lanchonete Brazil in the 80's. I combined some of those originally for a photoset I did with Leonidas saying "Tonight we dine in hell, even worse, McDonalds in hell" and with Hellboy and Purgatori as the staff, and Cerberus tied outside. Could have used this guy at the time. I've got a little 1/6 franchise subset collection going mostly with banks-usable-as-statues of the KFC colonel, the Big Boy burger franchise, Mr. Clean; and I made a bashed Burger King using the head from a Food Premium. None cost me real money like this guy -- still I'd be tempted.
i'd like to see ur king, and i am tempted myself, but if he's so wanted...perhaps the price will go down or another version that's better will come out!

·
Resisting Evil
5,730 Posts
$135.....not bad for a licensed figure....or is that the issue.....?

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
$135.....not bad for a licensed figure....or is that the issue.....?
Gee, is a puzzlement. If only there could be some kind of clue... like the figure just being called Mr. M... or an absence of McD logos on his chest or in the promo pic background.... or the figure actually being promoted in front of the Declaration of Independence!

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,926 Posts
It's interesting.

The only 1:6 figures of fast food mascots I know of is Col. Sanders and Ronald McDonald as either head sculpt and outfit sets or a limited production run figure.

Imagine if we had 1:6 figure of all the popular fast food mascots?

Poor Wendy. She would be the only female and she if got knocked up, I imagine an odd and peculiar 1:6 diorama featuring Burger King, Col. Sanders, and Ronald McDonald as the prime suspects.

Let the jokes ensue.

·
Tiger I Info Center
1,045 Posts
I received this figure a couple of weeks ago from China. It actually looks pretty good. You just need to make a yellow "M" and put it on his chest and you'll have a nice Ronald McDonald figure. I was very happy with mine (which is still in the box).

·
Registered
198 Posts
does anyone know where i can get this?
i ordered one off ebay, and have been given a RIGHT royal run around!
from i have to pay an extra $20, to then be told after much delay its in the post, then after a couple of weeks, of me asking where my tracking number is to be told the figure was returned to them because it was damaged!!!!
BS!!!!!!!
anyhow the upshot is that i now have to find another from somewhere :(
any help would be great!

·
God of Thunder
350 Posts
My buddy bought one on eBay a few weeks ago, but then they had none so he had to get a refund. Found another for the same price, and then after buying they told him they didn't have any.
So for a third try, he finally found one on eBay and they sent it. He's still waiting for it. Then he found another in the US for sale and bought that one too because he was pissed about the first two issues. Just in case.

·
in-the-closet lesbian
4,334 Posts
Taobao is full of sellers with listings for items long gone. To buy from Taobao requires first contacting sellers to see if they even have the item first. I suspect many Taobao sellers are moving over to Ebay et al and bringing with them their selling practices. Contact sellers first to ask about stock, condition etc before buying. :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
im not sure i can use taobao in the UK? plus im sure it will be the same as ebay. where they list items as being in stock but the reality is they just have them on a list to order. which is what happened to me and raidens mate.

i would be very interested to know where your mate found them raiden? as so far i can find them bloody anywhere! :(

·
in-the-closet lesbian
4,334 Posts
im not sure i can use taobao in the UK? plus im sure it will be the same as ebay. where they list items as being in stock but the reality is they just have them on a list to order. which is what happened to me and raidens mate. :(
that is what i was saying. I was explaining that the problems of taobao are coming to ebay over time. (ebay is becoming like taobao)

·
in-the-closet lesbian
4,334 Posts
Fingers crossed the behaviours of such sellers change over time as they build up negative feedback and claims on their accounts. No one needs their time wasted.

As for the figure, it looks great in the pics even if the head looks a little weird. good for soooooo many comedy scenes. Mivi did do a bloodied Colonel Sanders before IIRC, while super duck did Joker Ronald McDonald and Bruce Wayne Colonel Sanders. Getting all 4 could make for some interesting displays indeed!

·
Registered
5,665 Posts

Reading all the problem shipping stories above, I don't think anyone actually reports having one in hand. Is this just a lot of people experiencing individual problems in getting one, or could there be a root problem that the figure doesn't actually exist, or it exists but McDonalds somehow stopped it, or something like that?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts