One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
1:6 enthusiast
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I originally found mention of these helmets along with a new 1:6 GM-94 grenade launcher mentioned in a BBICN forum thread several months ago but I couldn't find any other information on them until now. Tonight I found a thread on the BBICN that says that the helmets are to be released on 5/10/17 with the price being about $20-22USD when converted from CNY. The helmets come in two versions, one with an additional plate mounted on the visor and one without it. I have no idea if anyone is planning to import them to the US but hopefully they will at least show up on eBay at reasonable prices. I've yet to see any other verifiable information on the new GM-94 that was mentioned previously, other than a promotional image that just showed it as a silhouette. All of this information comes from reading the BBICN forum using Google Translate and unfortunately machine translators are dodgy at best. Hopefully a Chinese speaker will take a look at it and chime in on the accuracy of the translated information. Here's the BBICN thread and below are the images for those that have a hard time accessing that forum: http://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=318622

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Looks well detailed, including the liner neck protector. This subject, all on its own, is an interesting (as well as bold) decision.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Love this! Really looks like the artist on BBICN seems to be invested in the subject, as he's got everything from home made 1/6 Russian shovels to tactical gear for a PKM on his page. Awesome find, thanks for sharing.

·
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Love this! Really looks like the artist on BBICN seems to be invested in the subject, as he's got everything from home made 1/6 Russian shovels to tactical gear for a PKM on his page. Awesome find, thanks for sharing.
I've been looking for just such a page but it's not easy trying to find it using an online translator. I now believe that the author of the thread linked below is the artist but I can't be certain. Could you please provide the link you found? Thanks.

???????????????-??????????-???2???? - Powered by Discuz!

·
Registered
219 Posts
I've been looking for just such a page but it's not easy trying to find it using an online translator. I now believe that the author of the thread linked below is the artist but I can't be certain. Could you please provide the link you found? Thanks.

???????????????-??????????-???2???? - Powered by Discuz!
Im pretty sure these are one-offs, but awesome none the less

Here's the link for the combat shovel,
?FIGHT FOR THE COUNTRY!????????-??????????-??????? - Powered by Discuz!

And here's the link for the modded out PKM, honestly masterpiece quality,
???????????????????????-???????? - Powered by Discuz!

·
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im pretty sure these are one-offs, but awesome none the less

Here's the link for the combat shovel,
?FIGHT FOR THE COUNTRY!????????-??????????-??????? - Powered by Discuz!

And here's the link for the modded out PKM, honestly masterpiece quality,
???????????????????????-???????? - Powered by Discuz!
Thanks for the info. I figured that it was the same guy as in the thread that I linked to. I've seen the shovel before but somehow missed the PKM work that he did. That is simply outstanding work. His GM-94 is a masterpiece as well.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
This is a very cool 1:6 offering. Great day for the Russian figure fans here. It looks nicely detailed and weathered. But I had to chuckle when I opened the first image with the face shield down. All I could hear in my head was Mark Hamill's voice, "I can't see a thing in this helmet!"

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Thanks for the pathfinder work and review, briefumschlag.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts