One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
New Clone (OSW Staff)
14,439 Posts
Looks like a decent start. I would go with the tan pants, green shirt and Safari vest myself as a base.

·
frustrated hobbiest
1,602 Posts
Oh yea!

Hey And morning for those from britian, i just started to bash a PMC this morning and every time i finished him i didnt like it. is this just me or do other OSW members bash figures they do not like and then strip them down again :D thanks.
I redo something every time...every single bash...every time, gets reworked at least 5 times...enjoy the madness:banana!

·
Ain't it Cool?
2,655 Posts
To answer your original question, yes! I think all of us go though this at one point or another or every time we start a project. Sometimes it is the body you are using does not work with the clothing, or the head sculpt just does nothing for the overall presentation and you need to select another. Sometimes it is the equipment that is just not coming together. Who knows, but as far as you concern the figure sucks.

Here is a option for you if you are trying to make the figure more real then fantasy. Before you do the bash that is in your head, write yourself a short operations order. What mission is the figure performing, what is the location (urban, hills, woods, etc.), what is station of the operational environment or threat, the weather condition of the OE, and how long is the mission (day patrol, 3 day patrol, etc.). Give consideration to his position or role in the imaginary team he is part of. Is he a sniper, radio man, rifleman, automatic rifleman, medic, team leader, etc. Also put a time stamp on your figure (very important!). Equipment, uniforms, and gear that is available in 2008 may not have been available in 2001.

From the OP order you can start to put together his uniform and the equipment the figure should have or think he should have. An example of this is the standard today is for some sort of body armor to be worn. However, in 2001 that was not the case. Ammunition is always an issue, you just hate to run out. If your figure is deep in Indian Country without a support vehicle, he going to carry more ammo (i.e., more pouches and a backpack). If there is a support vehicle he will carry less because he can go back to the vehicle to get more. And don't forget water!

Looking at the equipment and uniform parts you displayed, I would go for the Tan 5.11 type pants and Brown long sleeve shirt with some sort of body armor. Every 1:6th scale basher has done the 5.11 green shirt thing, so dare to be different. As far as a weapon, if the PMC figure is not providing security, I would go for a heavier caliber. If the bad guys is behind a wall let that 7.62 deal with his ass. an MP5 looses accuracy after 100 yards. Besides, it is only shooting a 9 mm round. Great for CQB, but limiting for longer ranges.

Hope that helps!

·
A Stickler for Accuracy
4,365 Posts
My .02 from top to bottom:

Ball cap
Green 5.11 Shirt
Chest rig (that's a good looking chest rig BTW)
5.11 Pants
Merrell Boots

Arm with M4
Where is the pistol holster? If you don't have one you can place the pistol in one of the pouches on the chest rig

Now that's just from what yo have displyed in the picture, if you have body armor, definitely put in on him.

I'm looking forward to this guy.

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Good advice from bashers and a basher-PMC. Just bash the heck out of him. If you don't like him, then he's not done yet.

Also, I think if you put all three tops and both pants on him, plus all that stuff, he's gonna be really hot. :D

If you get bored/frustrated, do that just for fun and post it so we can have a chuckle, maybe it'll help with colour scheming.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.