One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sooo.I picked this guy up Sunday.been setting him up and...well I am a modern guy and am usure how to attach the M1967 field pack to the M1967 H harness.Well at least at the bottom.I can figure out the upper portion,no problem.

So any Nam fellas out there want to lend a Modern guy a hand.

And in anticipation of a project for next years WOH,can anyone point me to some good reference material for Namgear and layouts for Marines.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
USMC M1967 Combat Field Pack: http://www.vietnamgear.com/kit.aspx?kit=586

Keep in mind that this pack was only a trial item and not issued to all Marine units in Vietnam. Also the Army M67 nylon webgear wasn't issued as a single set - it's more realistic to see a soldier or marine with a few items of M67 mixed with the older canvas M1956 webgear. Also also ;) - according to the site linked above, the M67 "M14" ammo pouches weren't issued in Vietnam at all.

·
Registered
548 Posts
From what I understand the bottom of the M1967 USMC Combat Field Pack was press studded to the rear of the 'H' Harness straps.

Re: M1967 M-14 pouches - don't believe *everything* you read on the 'Net ...
A picture on pg. 101 of Eric Michelleti's 'SEALs in Vietnam' book (Histoire & Collections Publications) shows a SEAL with what appears to be the above pouch. Additionally, a set of uniform and webbing worn by an Australian SASR trooper in Vietnam on display in the Army Museum of Western Australia also bears a few of these pouches (modified).

·
Inspector 12
3,419 Posts
According to what I have read there were snap fasteners on the back suspenders straps to help secure the lower section. However, these are not present on the TS version of the pack suspenders. The pack side snaps are present, but not functional at this scale.

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got it and figured it out.

Thanks JT FAZZ!!!I saw that on the back of the pack but wasn't sure it was that easy.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The pouch on Micheletti navy seal book from histoire et collection are M16 pouch you have 2 models of this large and small you can see a small part of frag grenade on photo.
The M14 pouch don't have small strap for grenade.The M14 rifle magazines ammunition case was not adopted until 13 july 1971 was never issued in Vietnam

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is exactly what I did.It came out ok

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
The 1/6 manufacturers really need to start including assembly instructions with most figures - some webgear can be fairly complicated to assemble even in 1/1 - a little help for the 1/6 versions would certainly be useful!

·
Inspector 12
3,419 Posts
The 1/6 manufacturers really need to start including assembly instructions with most figures - some webgear can be fairly complicated to assemble even in 1/1 - a little help for the 1/6 versions would certainly be useful!
I have always thought that, especially with more complicated gear setups. But I guess the added expense of keeping a graphic artist on staff for that very purpose would add to our cost. DML should do it... they certainly have the resources and staff to do it. Smaller companies like TS might find it cost prohibitive. Maybe if I could learn Mandarin, I would do it for free figures... yeah, that's the ticket.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts