One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everybody, I need a detail review of Fabio, Ermanno and Davide. And please can anyone provide pics of these figs if you have them. Thanks.

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
The company that makes them, Twisting Toys only make Italian figures. [at current only WW2 era, though soon they'll expand to WW1 I think]
Sometimes that doesn't mean squat, but in their case it's everything.

From past comments and reviews, these seem pretty solid figures, as the guys in charge are very aware of QC, RnD, accuracy, and criticism drawn from boards such as ours, and from what I've heard they're good guys who care about their product and what they're doing.

I personally don't have any experience with their figures, but their hand sculpts are really nice. I always like when they are used to add that extra bit of effort on a finely customized and weathered figure, and a couple of their HS I've been looking at would make great Mid East natives.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Saiko, iam very aware of Twisting Toyz and they are going to release a WW1 Italian MP. Iam not trying to put them down but from what I have heard the uniforms material texture is a bit off.

·
AKA "ChiliDoug"
7,541 Posts
this is my opinion. I am a big fan of TT's stuff. I have at least 2 of each of their figures. Having said that, here is a list of pros and cons:

Nobody else really makes decent Italian stuff. DML has a couple figures out ( I have them too) but they arent that good.

Some of TT's uniforms are a bit...cheap. Especially the older stuff. Plastic buttons, rather than metal, fabric a little too thick, etc.

The stuff is pretty decent as far as historical accuracy goes.

Their bodies are not so good. Kind of a generation behind. They fall apart easily. Their hands are awesome though. Some of the best.

The h/s are a mixed bag. Some are really great (domenico & Luca) and some are...not. The ones that arent so good tend to look a little cartoonish, large eyes, large nose, huge ears.

The weapons are cool but flimsy. I have broken too many and I'm not particularly ham handed. They do look neat, though.

For my money, the best one to start with is "Aurelio." His uniform is the standard Italian continental uniform used in WW2. So you could bash a lot of different figures with the uniform. I like Domenico too.

As for the new releases, the WW1 figure is really nice. The h/s is great and the uniform is put together better than the old ones.

The new Blackshirt figure is kind of a let down. His h/s is horrible. But he's got a good uniform (another generic one, used extensively for desert climate) and he's got a cool Breda machine gun. But it's really flimsy.

As far as I'm concerned, TT is a great company and overall they put out a nice product that nobody else really does. They just have a few Quality Control issues and they need to get rid of the Muppet head look.

Oh, and their feet fit on Hot Toys True Type figures, after they are dipped in warm water.

I hope that helps.

To answer your original question, Fabio and Davide are good figures.

doug

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.