One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Diplomacy is Overrated
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to bash a national guard in modern BDU being deployed in the US due to a event such as a major riot or something along those lines. I really dislike the nam-pre 9-11 BDU leaf prints. What are my options as in MARPAT or other new generation BDU? NO TAN or DESERT!! Also need appropriate combat gear but not full battle gear with the full backpack. Would soldiers deploy with sidearms but not A-T/Claymores etc? I'd prefer matching camo patterns for BDU and gear. I'm thinking 2 bashes the first carring a m4 and or a shotgun the second would be a SAW or a M60E.

Thanks
Clark.

·
Da revolution is here!
1,979 Posts
National Guard units have (for the most part) switched over to ACU..There are still a few, at least around here, in woodland though. I've only seen reference pics of Marine's practicing riot conrtol though, so I can't really help you with pics of NG memebers in riot control equipment...

·
In case of emergency....
1,997 Posts
All the National Guard folks I see are in ACU now and I see A LOT of Guard from all over the country. Sometimes when they first arrive in town, you'll see Woodland cammo but it gets replaced pretty quickly.

Having been in a similar situation in real life after Hurricane Katrina hit the Gulf Coast, my vague recollection was that the main piece of equipment the soldiers all carried was a Camelback. Radios with handsets seemed fairly common. As far as weapons, I don't recall seeing any SAWs or other machineguns. Mostly just M4/M16A2 versions but they didn't need them here like they did over in N.O. They guys there had full body armor and helmets, as I recall.

·
Likes little people
1,617 Posts
use the search function on this site -- militaryphotos.net

1 - 5 of 5 Posts