One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Look over there ->
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys!

It's the first time I'm doing a "real-life" bash, and I don't think I have to explain who von Stauffenberg is.

My problem is that I can't find a carmine piped crusher, breeches with carmine colored stripes nor can I find Oberst Schulterklappen with carmine underfelt.

To illustrate, here are the insignia with the correct color:

I'm just using a standard body and a spare hand, of which I will cut the ringfinger, pinky and a part of his lower arm. I'll use Fimo to make the stumps.

For the headsculpt, I'll have to choose between:

Erwin Stangenberg
ór

Volodya Bukayev

I'll use DID's Wilhelm Keitel's briefcase for Stauffenberg's "legendary" bomb-briefcase.

His boots, suspenders, holster and socks will be from New Line miniatures.
Maybe I should email Graham from NLM about some custom items, like a white undershirt and an M36 dress tunic.

Which head would YOU pick, is is possible to re-pipe crushers, should I blow the whole thing off?
What do you guys think, and what do you suggest?

Rick

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Sounds like an interesting plan, I hope it works out for you. I would go with the Stangenburg sculpt as it looks closer and has that demeanor like I imagine he did. Wish you well.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Erwin Stangenberg with darkened hair should be pretty good likeness, I always thought the DAK panzer ofcr "Horst Lerner" looked a bit like Stauffenberg. If you can find the shoulder rank pieces, you could cut the proper colored felt as an under-layer. The trousers and crusher are out of my league, not my area.

·
Look over there ->
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Almost, but that's artillery/general's red, I need this specific color:

Maybe it's possible to recolor them, but I don't want to f#!k up a perfectly good crusher.

Erwin Stangenberg with darkened hair should be pretty good likeness, I always thought the DAK panzer ofcr "Horst Lerner" looked a bit like Stauffenberg. If you can find the shoulder rank pieces, you could cut the proper colored felt as an under-layer. The trousers and crusher are out of my league, not my area.
Yeah, the biggest problem is probably finding the rank pieces itself.
I'll just keep looking for the crusher and breeches, maybe I'll get them custom made.

Erwin Stangenberg

Horst Lerner

Horst Lerner (after painting the eyes blue) wins, thanks for the tip.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Things appear to be falling into place. I look forward to seeing the copmpleted bash.

·
Look over there ->
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Graham mailed back today:
Good news and bad news.

The bad news is:
He isn't taking custom orders at the time.

The good news is:
He gave me a red piped crusher for free since it's my birthday sunday!
Isn't that great?

I'd also like to thank das_soldat for my other gift, you guys are all so friendly!

I wish I could help with something. :(

·
Social Misfit
1,355 Posts
Hey Riczzz...if you need better paint on the sculpt, I'd gladly paint a sculpt for you along with the insignia. You just need to supply the sculpt. If you can find a crusher without piping, I can also add cutom piping on it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.